Snow Shoes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snow Shoes

DefaultSnow Shoes

We are thinking about taking little Sammy to the snow next week (an hour away) and was wondering if he will need shoes. He has never been before and we just don't want his paws to freeze. Insight please?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

mollyrock is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Snow Shoes

my girls are out in the snow hiking all winter long. Once in a while I have to clear out a bit of ice build up on a paw but that is it.

Labs4life is offline Senior Member

We live in snow from November until May. I don't have anything special for my labs feet. I will use Musher's Secret on their pads if we are going to be walking in areas with rock salt. Sometimes ice forms between their toes and you have to clear it out. Other than that nothing is really required.

Your lab will have a blast in the snow.
    The Constitution is suppose to guarantee everyone the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, but the Constitution does not guarantee everyone equal outcomes.
    Some people are more talented, educated, thieving and dishonest than others.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

"Musher's Secret" prevents ice/snow balls from forming between toes. KV Vet has the best prices I've seen: www.kvvet.com
    Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Pr.
    "Musher's Secret" prevents ice/snow balls from forming between toes. KV Vet has the best prices I've seen: www.kvvet.com
    Thanks for the link Bob! It is cheaper than what I have been paying.
    The Constitution is suppose to guarantee everyone the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, but the Constitution does not guarantee everyone equal outcomes.

This is all great to know ;D

Actually the trick about snowshoes is to stop your lab or labs from coming from behind you and stepping on yours!!!!! Can you say face plant? Your lab will just love the snow, they all seem to anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by jdgrunt
    Actually the trick about snowshoes is to stop your lab or labs from coming from behind you and stepping on yours!!!!! Can you say face plant? Your lab will just love the snow, they all seem to anyway.

I was gonna mention the same thing! I didn't think the OP meant real snow shoes!

Quote Originally Posted by labs4life
    Quote Originally Posted by jdgrunt

I was gonna mention the same thing! I didn't think the OP meant real snow shoes!
    LOL, no I was talking about the regular dog shoes with the rubber bottom. I think we will just take Sammy out and keep an eye on him to make sure snow/ice doesnt pack up into his paws.

No you won't need booties for him, the Musher's Secret will do the trick. I would bring water for both of you though.
    Olie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast