Boo & Bunny #2

Thread: Boo & Bunny #2

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

DefaultBoo & Bunny #2

Well this morning when my husband let the girls out, Boo caught another bunny. This one was still alive. I made her think I was real happy, you know the voice...high pitched, come here Boo, what a good girl, whatcha got? Can mommy see it? Oh Boo you have a bunny! She dropped it and it tried to run, she grabbed it again. Keep in mind she would get close to me but just out of my reach. So I tried the drop it!! Leave it!! and she did. Amazing!!! Then Rush had to join in and she grabbed the poor thing. I yelled at her to drop it and leave it and she did. Well, little bunny tried to get out of the fence but we have about 6-8 inches of snow so the only place they can enter and exit is at the gates. Bunny got stuck trying to get under the fence so I gently picked it up, poor little thing, and put it over the fence. It took off, slowly but it did move back into the field behind us. I didn't find any blood, but I know that doesn't mean it wasn't injured. I just hope I got there in time and that it's ok. Boo, the great Black Hunter. I could just brain her when she does that. > Sometimes instinct sucks. :

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

momofalab is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Boo & Bunny #2

Unfortunately with rabbits, when they are caught, they swing their backs and break them. That is what normally kills them I think sometimes it is just bred into them. Pitch went after one about a month ago, and he isn't even a year old yet. Thankfully for us, the Rabbit got away. Be happy it wasn't a skunk!

georgie is offline Senior Member

I know the feeling. Abby is my hunter. She has caught 2 or 3 bunnies so far. :'( Molly will give a little chase but never full speed & she has never caught one.
    I never saw any blood on the ones Abby got but she either shook it or the were scared to death. I always feel so bad when I see it happen. She is so fast she is on them before I can get "leave it" out of my mouth. :'(

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

k8show is offline Senior Member

Hopefully he was just a little scared. Don't come back, little bunny! :-*
    Katie and Boo

Poor little bunny. I hope he wasn't hurt.

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

That is good to know. In one of the fields I have seen a jackrabbit and I know tal would love to take after him. Each time I've seen it Tal has been on leash and oddly enough didn't try to drag me to it.