Sneezing neumerous times in a row
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sneezing neumerous times in a row

DefaultSneezing neumerous times in a row

This has happened a few times over the last few months but last night was the worst. It's always at night either when we're setteling down for bed (I'm getting ready for bed) or in the middle of the night. Last night was in the middle of the night. She woke up at least 4 I think 5 times (I was sleeping so it's hard to remember) The first time she sneezed 4 times one after the other. The second time it was 7 sneezes one after the other. The rest of the times it was either 3-4 times each time. It's the weirdest thing. The first time it happened (a few months ago) I still had the lights on and she looked so confused and disoriented for a minute after she stopped. If it happenes once it happens several times that night. I try to just pet her and tell her it's ok and when she's done she will lick my hand. Is this some type of seizer or does she just have a tickle in her nose? It kind of has me concerned.
    Any ideas.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Sneezing neumerous times in a row

Does she have any other symptoms other than the sneezing? Maybe it's just dry weather?? ???

Sorry, I'm not much help here..... :-\

No she's acting fine otherwise. The first time or two it happened it wasn't that cold yet. This time I have a humidifyer in our room literally right above her head so I don't think it was from the air being dry. She's not coughing or anything else weird.
    This is maybe the 5 occurance over maybe 3 months.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Maybe allergies??

Maybe, it's just the timing and distance between the attacks that puzzles me. Maybe I'll wash her pillow cover it's been a while. Last night was something else though as soon as I would start falling back asleep she would start again. I felt so bad for her she seems so confused when she does it.

Sneezing is an involuntary reaction to expell an irritant. Something occasionally must really be aggravating her. You will have to make a lot of mental notes when it occurs to try to identify the culprit. I know it's scary when they sneeze. When Duke sneezes I call him over to see if he has blown the end of his nose off.

I know she sneezes so hard and the expression on her face just kills me. I wonder if she's getting a hair up her nose or something. Seriously I'm not great about keeping it swept up especially where her bed is (it's kind of in a corner). Maybe a good bed washing and extra sweeping up there will help. It's not happening all the time which is good but it's still kind of scary, and tiring when I'm already exhausted and need my sleep.

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

Tucker sneezes all the time, Barb. It's usually more than once at a time, too. I always chalked it up to him getting something in his nose (Yoshi hair maybe).

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

Good to know hopefully that's all it is. That's easy to fix.

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

Clancey also gets sneezle attacks. Quite funny actually, one side of his face squishes up, eyes go to slits and whammo. Head shaking sneeze.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast