Lab Breeders In So Cal?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lab Breeders In So Cal?

Default Lab Breeders In So Cal?

Hello,
    My name is Sean, my fiance and I are the proud owners of a 5 mo yellow lab. His name is Sammy. We had been thinking of getting a Lab for a while when we happened to find him in a pet store while we were out of town and bought him on an impulse purchase. I know I know, we should have researched and found a good breeder but at the time I was uneducated and unaware of some of the bad habits some of the breeders have that sell to pet stores. We have fell in love with him so much that we want to add another one to our family. Since now I am now a bit more educated to what goes on with some breeders it brings me to my original question which is... Does anyone know of any good Lab breeders in Southern California? I live in Bakersfield which is between LA and Fresno but I do not mind traveling to find a reputable breeder.

Thank You!
    Sean....

P.S. Here is a pic of him.....

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Lab Breeders In So Cal?

There are actually quite a few of them...and I think you'll likely find that the price of a well-bred labrador from a reputable breeder in southern California is going to be significantly less than pet store prices, thank goodness.

One very good way to check for well-bred puppies in the area would be to go through the puppy referral link on the High Desert Labrador Retriever Club website (www.hdlrc.com). The puppy referral link will be in the menu at the right-hand side of the screen under "HDLRC Questions?" and you will get in touch with the puppy referral coordinator, who checks into proper health certifications on both parents and whatnot before referring people to a particular litter. There are actually a couple of breeders who are members of the club located in Bakersfield itself, though I don't know if they have any litters right now. Most of the area breeders will be more than happy to refer you to someone else they know and trust if they don't happen to have a litter available at that time.

Let me know (feel free to send me a PM!) if you would like any further information.

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

I can't help you....I just wanted to say that Sammy is pretty adorable! :-*

Bev.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Slappy McCracken
    I can't help you....I just wanted to say that Sammy is pretty adorable! :-*

Bev.
    Thank You! We sure think so!

I am sure you will find a great Breeder from HDLRC. Sammy is so cute! Good luck in your search! Post More pics of Sammy, he is adorable!

Quote Originally Posted by CHOCO4ME
    I am sure you will find a great Breeder from HDLRC. Sammy is so cute! Good luck in your search! Post More pics of Sammy, he is adorable!
    Well if you insist lol......

Sammy told her....

He was getting sleepy...

Totally gone....

Thanks!! Those are cute! He is a sweetie acting like a tough guy in the first one, silly!

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

Cute pictures! Have lots of fun with Sammi
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

Great pictures of Sammi!

These clubs have member directories.

http://www.lrcsocal.org/

http://www.sdlrc.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast