Who wants a chocolate lab ASAP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who wants a chocolate lab ASAP

Tanya is offline Senior Member

DefaultWho wants a chocolate lab ASAP

before I wring his stupid head off.

and yes - this is a rant.

I've been sick since Friday and he's been sick for the last month (colitis). I'd stopped bringing him to the dog park because he won't stop eating poop (there was a thread on this and options were already explored). But that was when I could still go jogging with him (though even with that he was accumulating energy). This past weekend he got into alot of stuff (ate soup, gum, candle...) so back in teh crate.

I have no exercise options. He doesn't play with other dogs. He fetches SOME balls but these days the only balls he will fetch are the ones he then plays keep away (seriously - he will NOT come near me when he gets it and I just want to cry). So I take the ball away (at which point all is forgiven and he comes bounding up to me when called) and then he eats poop. If that were just gross, whatever, but he's ALREADY sick because of this.

i don't have a yard. Dog walkers all bring the dogs to dog parks. there is no daycare. I'm sick and can't run with him and now dog parks are off limit because he's a freaken bugger.

My LAST resort is the dog park with a long line. We can play fetch but I can catch him if he does anything (or if he gets poop).

I'm ready to cry. I'm sick, tired, freezing my ass off in a storm for him and he eats poops and plays keep away :'(
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Katies Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Who wants a chocolate lab ASAP

MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMMEMEME

jan elaine Guest

Okay, but he is cute! And he does love you! ;D He is just obviously very much a teenager! :-\ What about some Kong toys filled with goodies to keep him occupied? Or maybe a rope to play pull with inside? And instead of running (which I could never do) how about just walking him? It is easy for me to say that this will pass but when you are going through it you just want to scream and cry! Been there and done it!! I really do feel for you. If I lived anywhere close to you I would take him for a week to let you recover.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

Okay! Okay! Hershey Kisses needs a boyfriend, and what could be cuter than a Chocolate pair. Wasn't in our plans, but you can't put him out on the streets. I need an address and I will leave first thing in the morning. I am confident that by the time I arrive, you will have changed your mind and I will be upset with you for getting my hopes up.

Hmmmm! How about you sleep on it tonight and let me know in the morning?
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

Oh you poor thing, I know exactly how you feel. Trust me, this too shall pass. The poop thing, maybe not. I have a sh#t-for-brains here too. It's enough to drive you to drink. I'm buying.... :

Trickster is offline Senior Member

Ohhh, Rocky, Rocky, Rocky.

Looks like you are a member of the 'I have a defaulty Lab club', Tanya. :P You know, one of those Labs who doesn't fetch, eats poop like a maniac and refuses to play with other dogs.

Seriously...when you feel wound up with them, try to focus on their good aspects. No dog is perfect. Tell your self that although he may be a serial poop eater, he is a fantastic ________ (insert positive thing) and a great ________. It helps.

Feel better soon.

GulfCoast is offline Senior Member

You might think about CC'ing to "here" via Lardy or Graham or similar program. That is how we worked through a "keep away" problem with one of ours. It took about 5 minutes a day for 3 days. I have no advice on the poop issue.
    HRCH Ellie Mae MH CGC
    Tipsy Puppy
    Justlabradors.com -- the best site for your Labrador needs.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee311/EllieMaeDogg/2108207141_f7321f204b.jpg

Me me me me me..LOL..I'm sorry you're having such a rough time of it. When things look darkest.....they get worse..*LOL*..sorry..no..it'll get better..I find when I don't feel good..anything can set me off..and I have to say..Dakota is pretty trouble free SO FAR, other than wanting to go out and play 56 times a day.
    Jackie

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

Can't really offer any advice...just hang in there. And hope you get to feeling better soon!

BTW...I have been looking for a second dog. Tal would love a playmate!

4yelloweyedogs is offline Senior Member

Oh gosh...... I really feel bad for YOU !! I know your frustrations.... and being sick yourself, sure isn't any help. Just sit tight..... hope YOU will get well soon !! And you know, Spring is in the future !! :

Just trying to think positive.....

Melissa
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

http://theyelloweyedog.weebly.com/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast