This is a I need to get to know you thread...
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This is a I need to get to know you thread...

aj

DefaultThis is a I need to get to know you thread...

Hi everyone ,

I wanted to start a new topic to get to know you all.

Name of you..?
    HOw many furbabies have you had over the years?
    Name of the fur babies you have now ?
    Where you live?
    Do you have any or LOTS of snow?
    Are you ready for Christmas?

Ok here is all about me......My name is Anita, my entire group of people call me Aj, so you can call me what ever you like. I live in Newfoundland, Canada and it is awsome here. I have only had 2 dogs in my life one of which was also a Chocolate lab named Buller, he suddenly died at 7 months old on March 11th, 2007 when some crazy lady was speeding down the road. On march the 30th my best friend that lived in Toronto came here to visit and what did she have you ask?????? She had BAILEY....!!!!! It was hard at first but he really knew how to sooth us! We do have snow, lots I would perfer MORE. I am ready for Christmas and have been since November. Turkey and Ham are the last to get!

I am married with 3 wonderful Children, all boys I might add!

Now your turn.

Here is my Beloved Buller Aug 17, 2006- March 11, 2007

Here is pics from yesterday..SNOW

This one I took in my driveway looking out onto the ocean

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: This is a I need to get to know you thread...

Nice to meet you, AJ. Buller and I share a birthday. He must have been the best dog ever just because of that. ;D

We ( Ed and my DW Marge) only have Hershey Kisses, our 11.5 months old Chocolate wonder girl. Certainly enough for these two old people. Don't think we could handle another pup.

She is my fifth dog. Always had one since I was about 4 excluding a three year gap prior to getting HK.
    Childhood dog, Beagle/Pointer mix for 15 years
    First once married, Chow/GSD mix (Stray taken in which produced 6 pups three days after we saved her not knowing she was pregnant. Had her for 9 years before her brain miswired and she decided to destroy anything she was left alone with)
    Golden Retriever (9 years before succumbing to cancer)
    Cockapoo (Don't mean to insult anyone, but this PITA for 15 years was not a dog.)

I think you get more snow in Newfoundland and Labradorthan we do here in Minnetonka, Minnesota.

We are always ready for the holidays. Some years more ready than others, but the holidays come and ready is where ever your are on that date,
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

Trickster is offline Senior Member

Hi Anita. Welcome to the forum. I am so sorry to hear about Buller.

As for me, I'm Rosie and I live in England in the UK. I'm an animal science degree student. In three years I hope to have completed my full honors degree, with the possibility of going on to do a PhD after that. But right now I'm taking it one step at a time.
    I still live at home, cos' I'm dirt poor student and couldn't afford to rent my own place if I so much as tried.

I have four dogs. Two of them are technically family dogs, the other two are mine. My boys are in my signature. Murph will be 5 in a couple of months, Joker is approaching 3.

Do we have snow? nope. None whatsover. Which is a shame because we LOVE snow. We are lucky if we get one or two good snowfalls a year in the southern part of the UK. Last year I believe we had exactly one snowfall.

Am I ready for Christmas? erm. No. I have not bought a single gift yet. Shall try and purchase them before the end of the week, though. Only shopping for my parents and one other family member this year. The joys of secret santas.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dawson Creek Girl is offline Senior Member

Hi Aj, from another fellow Canadian! Sorry to hear about Buller. August 17th is my birthday too.

Name of you..? Patti
    HOw many furbabies have you had over the years? Since I have moved out on my own 5
    Name of the fur babies you have now ? Chance, Rowan and Baby Bentley (when we pick him up in Jan)
    Where you live? Dawson Creek, BC
    Do you have any or LOTS of snow? I wouldn't say we have LOTS of snow, enough! LOL
    Are you ready for Christmas? I have a few odds and ends to tie up but nothing major.

•*´¯`*•.¸¸.•Patti•*´¯`*•.¸¸.•

Chester B. Dickens is offline Senior Member

Hi, AJ. You live oceanside?!?!?! That would be awesome. I'm sure your dog has a ball on the beach, in the sand and surf -- especially a Lab. I'd kill to be that close to the ocean.

Let's see, I'm Dan (username Dweck is a portmanteau of first/last name). Owned dogs just about my entire life. Had an Airedale mix as a kid. Then my Dad got a Basset Hound when he retired. And when that dog went to the bridge, we got Wesley.

I'm married (19.5 yrs) with three girls (14, 11, 6). Live about 40 miles west of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA. Wife is a SAHM. I'm a marketing writer for a computer software supplier. Also a church musician. And I assist w/dog obed training

We get a fair amount of snow each year; usually one or two big dumps of about a foot or so. But living in the Mid-Atlantic, we usually don't have the temps for huge snows.

Christmas: Getting there. Still stuff to do.

Welcome to the Board!!

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

Hi AJ!~

I'm Kate, from Hamilton Ontario. I am a university student working towards a combined degree in sociology and social work, and I also work as an addiction counselor.

Our household includes myself and my boyfriend Dan, our two dogs (see below), two cats (Milo and Kiwi), three bunnies (Annie, Pippen and Smudge) and one lovebird (Yogurt).

We have two dogs at the moment. Baloo (9 month old black lab) and Peanut (almost three, Miniature Pinscher) Other dogs in my life are my mom's bichon, and my beloved Tink, March 1991 - October 2005. Baloo is a smaller lab, only weighing in at 55 lbs at the moment. He is currently in training to compete in obedience and rally, and we start agility classes in January.

We have a TONNE of snow!! Courtesy of the storm this weekend, mostly. ;D

Am I ready or christmas? Totally NOT. I have an exam tomorrow, so once that's out of the way I can really get going on the holiday stuff!

Nice to meet you!
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

[quote=aj ]
    Hi everyone ,

I wanted to start a new topic to get to know you all.

Name of you..?Jackie
    HOw many furbabies have you had over the years? Too many to count, everything from a Rottie, Collie, Sheltie,Irish Setter,Golden Retreiver,Maltese, some mixed breeds
    Name of the fur babies you have now ? Dakota and Kelly
    Where you live? Carolina Beach, N.C.
    Do you have any or LOTS of snow? SNOW?? What's snow?
    Are you ready for Christmas? Pretty much!
    Welcome to the forum AJ! Jackie

Ok here is all about me......My name is Anita, my entire group of people call me Aj, so you can call me what

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

Hi AJ !!! Welcome from another Canuck

I live in Barrie Ontario, and have my 2 boys Clancey (yellow male lab) and Harper (yellow male golden) along w/ my SU.

We have a good 2 1/2 feet of snow and are soooooo not ready for Christmas.

Make your self at home and enjoy the forum.

Barney and Bailey is offline Senior Member

Hi, AJ, welcome to the board.

I'm Lynn
    Married 32 years and since then we've had everything from Peekapoos to German Shephards to mixed breeds. We had boxers, bulldogs, birdogs, German Shephards and Terriers growing up.
    My babies now are our first labs: Bailey 2, and Barney 1.
    We live in Alabama.
    We've had snow in this state, that I can remember about six times. It was awesome. I love snow. I wish the dogs could see it.
    We decided to draw names this year and have a big barbecue, so yeah, I'm ready. Maybe a few more stocking stuffers (for my 4 kids and kids in law that are all but one in their 30s. I love filling stockings.)

Hi Anita !! Welcome to the board !!

I live in Tampa, Florida USA where it has been too many years to count that there has even been a flurry of snow (and I like it that way) !!

Growing up my family had a boxer/border collie mix named Hoodie and my next dog wasn't until I was 33. Right now I have 4 pups, Sammy a 10 year old beagle, Scooby and Madison, 5 year old boxer/shepard mixes and Dakota, my 2 year old yellow labbie girl.

as for Christmas....well let's just say that everything that had to be shipped is gone but I am still working on the local group.

Merry Christmas and welcome !!!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast