This is a I need to get to know you thread... - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: This is a I need to get to know you thread...

penzpurlz is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: This is a I need to get to know you thread...

Welcome AJ, this thread has been fun. It's so nice to get to know the JL family.

Name of you..? Penny, I'm 60 years old. Married (second time around). Have 2 grown children and 2 grandchildren.

How many furbabies have you had over the years? Growing up, I had a cat named Tiger, a cocker spaniel, named Mickey. As a teenager, a beagle, named Kippy who was hit by a car when I was away on summer vacation. That hurt :'( Then I had a chihuahua named Amigo, who stayed with my parents after I was married...(the first time : ). Then I had a great dane, named Lady Moose and a german shepard named Tiny Bubbles. Both females and the best of friends. Tiny died at the age of 8 all of sudden, no signs, no anything, just went outside, curled up and died. She was a product of in-breeding (we rescued her) and the vet said it was just her time. Got a white german shepard named Dynamo, for Lady Moose, but she wanted nothing to do with him. My kids rescued a shepard mix puppy that had broken away from being tied up (had sisel rope embedded in his neck), but I told them the only way we would keep him, was if Lady Moose would accept him. She did and we named him Bear (he looked like a little bear cub.) It wasn't too long after that, it was Lady Moose's time. I guess she thought Bear could take over. We lost Bear when he was about 2 and 1/2. He got into the garbage and ate something rotten. My son came home from school and found him dead in the back yard. That was a pretty traumatic time. I had just divorced and the kids and Bear and I had were in a new place. Bear was my soulmate and my son's soulmate. No pets after that. I remarried 8 years later after the kids were grown and gone. And not until my DH retired did we venture into having a pet. A companion for DH, as I am still working full-time. He wanted a chocolate lab..which brings me to....

Name of the fur babies you have now? Duke, the Doofus.

Where you live? Sunny Southern California. Camarillo...45 minutes north of LA and 45 minutes south of Santa Barbara

Do you have any or LOTS of snow? ;D ....what's snow

Are you ready for Christmas? All set, but I still need to put the t-shirt transfers on the grandkids shirts...it's a tradition. I always buy them t-shirts when we go on vacation. Create a transfer and give the shirts at Christmas. They love em, and until they say "grandma that's enough" I'll continue to do it.
    Penny from Sunny Southern California

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dani is offline Senior Member

I'm Dani.
    How many furbabies have you had over the years? My family has owned many dogs over the years. I have owned two cats and two labs personally. I have also been a temporary mom for hundreds of foster labs over the past 3 years.

Name of the fur babies you have now ? Rider is my 4.5 year old Chocolate Lab and Rookie is my 10 month old yellow Lab.

Where you live? Michigan

Do you have any or LOTS of snow? we got plenty and I hate it.

Are you ready for Christmas? no and the family is coming on sunday. :P
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

aj

Thus Far you have all been [size=10pt]AWSOME[/size], thanks again it was great getting to know all of you!!!!

I hope all of you who said you are NOT ready, that you are on your way .....All the best and I hope that you all have a safe and Happy Holiday!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Hi AJ, welcome!!

My name is Joe and my wife Linda and I live in Abilene, Texas with our two labs Molly and Jake. It seldom snows in our neck of the woods and when it does it melts that same day as a rule, today is supposed to be in the 70s. I am a manager for a retail store and Linda handles payroll for a large convience chain. I think all of our christmas shopping is complete, thank god!! All of our human kids are grown and on their own now (most of the time)! Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!!

LKG

Hello!! Here's me:

Name: Laura

How many furbabies have you had over the years? I grew up with an Old English Sheepdog named Fred and now have a 1.5yr old chocolate lab - Daisy.

Where you live? Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Do you have any or LOTS of snow? Yep, about the usual for this time of year!

Are you ready for Christmas? Just a few last minute things to pick up (like Daisy's gift, of course)!

Merry Christmas everybody!

theoconbrio is offline Senior Member

Name of you..? Nathan

How many furbabies have you had over the years? As a child, a few GSDs and various strays dumped on our property. I was itinerant for most of my adult life and couldn't justify getting a dog until four years ago, when we got Theo. I don't know how I lasted so long without him.

Name of the fur babies you have now? Theo

Where you live? San Francisco Bay Area, CA

Do you have any or LOTS of snow? It doesn't snow here. But it RAINS!

Are you ready for Christmas? HAHAHAHAHA ugh.

Hi there. I am Page. Welcome to the board.
    I have had a lot of dogs in my life. Now I have 4 labs...Leo, Dan, Asher and Reuben. I live in Arkansas and don't remember what snow looks like...but your pictures are beautiful.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678