Labs and Christmas Trees
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Labs and Christmas Trees

fburke is offline Senior Member

DefaultLabs and Christmas Trees

Well I shouldn’t really complain, Willow doesn’t really bother anything on the tree intentionally.

But ….that tail !!

That whip can clear off 4 or 5 ornaments in a single thrashing… for some reason she has to squeeze between my coffee table and the tree every time even though there is a wider path at the other end of the couch

Good grief Charlie brown!! :P

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

georgie is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Labs and Christmas Trees

;D I have the same problem here. But I have to worry about two otter tails. :

labby is offline Senior Member

Back when I used to put up a tree, I started the ornaments and lights about 2 feet from the bottom of the tree. It got some strange looks from non-Lab people but anyone with a Lab understood what I was doing.

There will be no tree with Jakey. I'm afraid I'd see it going down the hallway like his blankie.

Laura

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

No tree this year with Drake. Just the thought makes me shutter. I can't keep up with him now. Although, he would be easier to track down if he had a tree in his mouth. Dakota never bothered a thing and he never knocked a thing off of the coffee table or the tree in all his 14 years. It was so odd. When he walked by something he would quit wagging and then continue after he had passed whatever it was. Oh, I miss him so much! :'(

curly is offline Senior Member

Luckily, Zakk has kept away from the tree (even within tail distance). I will occasionally hear him brush the tree and we get a little jingling ;D.

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

Don't even get me going on the tree and Caleb (it has not been one of his better days)! Mick was pretty good, even with his 25 inch long tail (he was half English Setter). It didn't take long each year for him to remember to drop his tail when he was near the tree and I said "Tail!". Now, if Caleb would just keep his nose, and mouth, out of the tree, we wouldn't have any problems this year. LOL

amazongold is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by labby
    There will be no tree with Jakey. I'm afraid I'd see it going down the hallway like his blankie.
    LMBO - that just cracked me up! We have a small tree on top of an end table this year because with two huge crates in this place, there just isn't room for one on the floor. Also, I have no idea what these boys would do, so we'll just save it for a bigger place.
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

I braved the tree!! I can't not have a christmas tree, just can't. :-\

He's great with it so far (it's in a corner so I think that helps ), but the garland was a no-no. That I can live without.
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

Quote Originally Posted by labby
    Back when I used to put up a tree, I started the ornaments and lights about 2 feet from the bottom of the tree.
    This is a good idea... Bear still steals things off the tree so he can initiate some play time.

Augustmom0003 Guest

Guinness doesn't knock ornaments off with his tail...but he does TAKE them off with his mouth!!! :P We have the half-decorated tree also. It looks ridiculous, but it's better than saying "drop it" a zillion times a day!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast