Question

Thread: Question

aj

DefaultQuestion

I am curious to know when dogs are mature enough to Breed. I Keep getting calls to "LOAN" Bailey out.

I am not "LOANING" him out at all , we have an appt with the vet Jan 18th, I was just curious cause Bailey is only 11 months and this other dog is like 7 months...What a shame.....Too young to have babies.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dawson Creek Girl is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Question

I think you might want to direct them to "Dani's thread' or better yet let some of the members here get a hold of them.

Yes, seriously that is way too young to breed. Clearances in Canada can't be gotten until two years of age. I am glad to hear that you are being a responsible pet owner and getting your boy neutured.
    •*´¯`*•.¸¸.•Patti•*´¯`*•.¸¸.•

aj

Ofcourse I would take care of him.

We would have gotten him fixed sooner, but my husbands thinks that once they are fixed they blow up and get lazy! Funny I know.

He is currently weighing in at 92 lbs and I personally do not want him any bigger. Anyhow yeah these people wanting to breed their puppy is sick, and to call around asking to "BORROW" your dog, that is even worse.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

Yes, by all means send them Dani's sticky about breeding. Glad you are being responsible.

Dani is offline Senior Member

THey are mature enough to breed I believe around 5 months. But as you know, it's irresponsible. Glad you are getting your boy neutered.
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

I got that same question when Attu was 1 year old. Some guy saw him and wanted to breed Attu with his lab. I of course told him no. I was under contract with Attu's breeder not to let him father pups and I really hate backyard breeders. There are too many pups born from this type of thing. I got my boy fixed at 18 months and he is such a wonderful dog.

Dawna