Just Labradors banner

Jed's blog, entry #5

2K views 26 replies 25 participants last post by  bebopalula 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, Jed here,

i turned 11 weeks this past Thursday, i am growing so much, my nose now is at an exact eye level to my brother's butts which comes in quite handy, they don't appreciate my cold little nose constantly being there though and they have both shouted at me this morning!

I got accused of stealing Mommy's slippers this morning, i didn't exactly steal them, i just took them to the mat where i could lie down to examine them.

I mean do i look like a thief?

Look Mommy, my feet aren't big enough for your slippers, why would i want to steal them?

Mommy then took out of the cupboard this big, red noisy sucking machine that got up all the hairs and bits of crumbled cookie i had left behind, i didn't like the look of it so i gave it one of my meanest stares and then a thorough examining!

I have up to now been eating my meals out of one of Mommy's porcelaine bowls as i couldn't reach inside my own tin bowl, but hey guess what?, my legs grew so much this week i can now reach inside my own bowl...Yeah, plus it is so much noisier on the kitchen floor than Mommy's bowl!

I have been REALLY good up to now with the christmas decorations and i haven't touched anything, so as a special treat, Mommy bought me this basset hound who howls his way through jingle bells, i love him, i can only play with him when Mommy is there as he has batteries and dances too.

waiting for him to begin.

Singing along with him

dancing with him

What a fun afternoon, i get my 12 weeks shot next week then after a few days, the world is my oyster!, Mommy and Daddy say that i can go with my big brothers for a christmas day walk- my first big outside walk, i am sooo excited!

Until then i will lay here warm and snug with my big brthers on the sofa

til next time,

Jed Flynn- :-*

See less See more
#2 ·
Jed you are such a little cutie. That pic of you and momma's slipper - what was she thinking? There is no way your little footie would fit. BJ says congrats on the new bowl and your upcoming walk.

#5 ·
azlab said:
Hey Jed,

You are really gettig big. I bet that cold nose at butt level does get your brothers attention.

I love the singing basset. Can you ask momma to tell us where she bought it? The person I drew for secret santa at work has 5 bassets and would love one.
Hi Azlab,

Momma got it from one of those book/gift companies that drop things off at your workplace for a week and you order them, we are in England also so not sure if you have this service where you are, it was only £4/$8 so i guess you would get it from one of those bargin type stores- sorry we havent been much help- :)

#6 ·
Kate2jays said:
Hey everyone, Jed here,

Hi i just had to say how beautiful your little boy is, He really pulled at my heart strings as he is the spit of Poppy when she was that small look....

He brought it all back......you lucky lucky thing.

#8 ·
KATE!!! JED!!! You guys are killin' me over here!!! I truly hope you are recording Jed's blog entries in some sort of permanent form, because they are absolutely priceless!!

FANTASTIC blog entry Jed, you are so stinking cute, and tell your Mommy she takes great pictures of you!!! :-* :-* :laugh:

Kate2jays said:
I LOVE this picture! Jed you are so brave, standing up to the red monster like that. My hero.... :angel: :laugh:

And I love this one even more!!! SSOOOOOO CUTE!!!! ;D

#9 ·
JED! You are sure leading an exciting life. Mom's slippers, a basset hound that barks jingle bells, that big red thing, your new bowl, and.....soon getting to go out with your bros for your first walk in the big wide world. I love your blog. Keep posting.

#14 ·
Baloo317 said:
KATE!!! JED!!! You guys are killin' me over here!!! I truly hope you are recording Jed's blog entries in some sort of permanent form, because they are absolutely priceless!!

FANTASTIC blog entry Jed, you are so stinking cute, and tell your Mommy she takes great pictures of you!!! :-* :-* :laugh:

Kate2jays said:
I LOVE this picture! Jed you are so brave, standing up to the red monster like that. My hero.... :angel: :laugh:

And I love this one even more!!! SSOOOOOO CUTE!!!! ;D
Thanks Kate, he is such a sweetheart, i know i am biased but he is my 7th Lab in my lifetime, and he certainly is the exception to the norm as far as his good behaviour goes, i can't bekieve how well behaved he is. He will sit on command now and i can put his bowl down or a treat and say wait and he does. I have been working on down tonight and he very nearly has it just needs a slight physical prompt. If he continues in the same vein as he gets older i might do some obedience with him.

Glad you enjoy his blog, i will certainly keep it up and like you suggested i have traced back all my previous blog posts and saved them to my documents - :)

#17 ·
OH.MY.GOSH! I am LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVING your entries, Jed. Your momma sure does capture a lot of your facial expressions! I love the one where you're singing along with the basset hound! I agree with Baloo, that I hope you are keeping a permanent copy of his blogs. They are AWESOME!! Thanks for sharing! Looking forward to the next blog ;)

You are ADORABLE!!! :-* :-* :-*

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.