Crows, bird bath, and dog poop

Thread: Crows, bird bath, and dog poop

rottnlab dad is offline Senior Member

DefaultCrows, bird bath, and dog poop

Arghh! This drives me crazy. For some incredibly annoying reason, the crows like to pick up Bella's poop from the back yard and put it into the bird bath. Yuck, what a mess! They don't do this all the time, but seem to go through phases where they'll do it for a couple weeks and then stop for a few months before going at it again.

(I know, I should pick up every day, but I generally clean up the back yard every weekend and that's usually fine. Especially with it being dark out all the time, it's almost imposible to do it more often this time of year.)

Bella

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

henrysmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Crows, bird bath, and dog poop

Those poor poor bath-bound birdies... :-X
    Gorsebrook Jackson Triggs, CD, RN, WC, CGN<br />Kelrobin A Twist of Fate<br /><br />

imported_nellies mom is offline Senior Member

Disgusting and very strange.
    <br />~~~~~~~~<br />Danie<br />Nellie, CGC<br />~~~~~~~~<br />The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. -- Gandhi

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

georgie is offline Senior Member

Very strange habit those birds have. :

Okay, this is going to sound disgusting but they are likely "softening" it so they can, um, eat it. :-X

My parents have a birdbath and lots of crows/ravens in the area. Often my dad will see the crows go to the neighbour's yard, steal some hard dog food out of the bowl on the deck & then they return to the bath and drop it in the water. They hang around for awhile then fish it out & eat it once it's soft. Incredibly smart.

Bev.
    <br /><br />&quot;Maintiens Le Droit&quot;

Gene Guest

Those nasty poop pickin crows >

rottnlab dad is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slappy McCracken
    Okay, this is going to sound disgusting but they are likely "softening" it so they can, um, eat it. :-X

My parents have a birdbath and lots of crows/ravens in the area. Often my dad will see the crows go to the neighbour's yard, steal some hard dog food out of the bowl on the deck & then they return to the bath and drop it in the water. They hang around for awhile then fish it out & eat it once it's soft. Incredibly smart.

Bev.
    I do see the crows regularly use the birdbath to soften chunks of suet and other apparently edible things that they gather, so you might be right. I notice that sometimes the crows also break up the poop on the ground so they're probably looking for the "good stuff" hidden in the poo.

Bella