Poor Henery! :(
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poor Henery! :(

DefaultPoor Henery! :(

The recent ice/snow here, then partial thaw, then snow again has put a nice ice-crust underneath the pretty snow. Poor Henery has scraped his paw twice today (where his dew claw would have been if it hadn't have been removed) on our walks and forays outside.

We were out walking at lunchtime, and he suddenly picked up his paw and stopped. I thought he just had snowballs in between his pads, so I took off my glove so that I could warm up his paw. He shrieked, "AI YI YI YI YIIIIII!!!!!!!!" and then writhed around on the sidewalk in pain. I felt soooo bad. I then tried to find out where he was hurting which let out another wail of "AI YI YI YI YIIIIIII!!!!!". Poor poor Henery. Satisfied that he had managed to scare the living daylights out of me, we walked back home.

The same thing just happened outside in our backyard.

Methinks it's time to pull out his boots!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Poor Henery! :(

Aww... poor Henery!! I hate that sound they make when they're in pain... ugh it's just gut-wrenching.

But Henery would look sooo handsome in booties...
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

Labmom2Sun is offline Senior Member

Poor baby. I'm sorry the snow and ice hurt your paws, Henery.

I'd love to see a pic of him in his booties. I bet he does look very handsome.

Laura, mom of Sundance, CGC
    born 1/16/06

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

georgie is offline Senior Member

Poor Henery. Molly cut her paw pad pretty bad last year in ice crusted snow in our back yard. I used Neosporin & it took quite a long time to heal. Hope Henery feels better. I agree...time for boots. Too bad my girls will not wear them. :

PhoebeJeebies is offline Senior Member

Ohhh Henery! Maybe this calls for some indoor biteyface with Phoebes? That'll be much nicer on the pawsies.
    Becca & Phoebe

Linda1 is offline Senior Member

Hope Henery's paws heal quickly.

Brookville, Pa.

Tanya is offline Senior Member

poor guy! it's definitely time for the booties

Rocky hates when I put them on (though he lets me). but when I don't use them he always holds his paw up from the cold/snow : HIs pads are pretty damaged (need to get something for them) - so i'm using the booties more this year.
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

Hi labra-pals!

Henery here. Oh boys, I's good at the theatrics. I LOVE to shriek "AI YI YI YI YIIIIIIIIII!!!!!" at my mom, then drop to the sidewalk. I betcha them cars going by thought my Momma was beating the crap out of me. It was fun, but now I have to pay the price and wear those darn Muttluks!!! > HARUMPH!!

Phoebes, I would much rather play biteyface with yous and wrestles instead of wearing them silly boots. Momma took me to our park the other day and threw my bumper for me instead of the ChuckIt... it worked better cuz we lost both my ChuckIt balls. I reckon we'll find them next spring! LICKS to Alanna!!

Auntie Tanya, my Momma puts BagBalm on my pads when they're all wrecked. Not often, but sometimes I need it. Then I get to go slippyslidey all over our floors.

Bye for now!
    Henery!

OK that's it, Henry, pack your things, you're coming to live with Aunt Melissa and cousin Rhys and Ruby. (We have no snow )

4yelloweyedogs is offline Senior Member

Awwwwww..... poor Henery, is right !! Darn ole Mother Nature ! She isn't being nice is she, Henery.

Better put those boots on !

Melissa
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

http://theyelloweyedog.weebly.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast