Oh, I was SO scared!

Thread: Oh, I was SO scared!

Labmom2Sun is offline Senior Member

DefaultOh, I was SO scared!

Dear Labra-buds:

I need to share this terrible story because I know youíll understand. Today, my worsest fear ever came true.

It started out as a typical morning. I went for a walk with mommy, ate breakfast, then played outside with daddy. When dad was ready to leave for work, I did my usual Velcro act with mom. I stay super close to her because Iím terrified sheíll leave for work and forget to give me my Kong. Well this morning, it looked like that day had come.

When mommy was done with her makeup, she put her coat on, grabbed her bag and keys. But she didnít crate me or give me my Kong! In fact, she didnít even look at me before she walked out the door.

I heard mommyís car start and my heart broke. How could I be left here for hours without my Kong until daddy comes home? And not be in my crate? My fellow Labs, I thought I was gonna DIE. I was beside myself with worry. It was awful.

Then you know what happened? Mommy came back! She said something about just going outside to turn on the car engine because it was so cold out. Itís never gotten that cold here since Iíve been around. When Mommy saw the look on my face, I knew she was oblivious to the horror I had just experienced. I was so excited to see her that I barked for joy, butt-tucked around the living room, spun in a circle, and barked some more. Mommy said she was sorry she scared me and that she had planned to come back and say goodbye while the car got warm.

Then she gave me my Kong from the freezer, I went in my crate, and all was right with the world. I just hope it never gets cold enough to warm up the car again. Or I at least hope Mommy gives me my Kong before acting like sheís leaving next time. My poor heart canít take it.

Sincerely,
    Sundance

Laura, mom of Sundance, CGC
    born 1/16/06

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Beachboys is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Oh, I was SO scared!

Oh man, what a scary morning you had. Glad mommy didn't forget.

georgie is offline Senior Member

Oh Sundance, I bet you were scared. Minutes can seem like hours when you aren't sure what is happening. I'm glad you got your Kong.

Your friend Molly

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Awwww Sundance!

I gets confused when my Mommy goes out to start her car too. I know how scary that is the first time. I'm glad you got your Kong and got to stay in your safe crate.

Your Pal,
    Lula

bibber is offline Senior Member

It's not good to start the day with such a scare! Sounds like you have a very good mommy though.

Brenda, Sam & Bodie

Hey Sundance, Attu here. Let me tell you what you need to do. When your mommy leaves go find the couch, jump up on it and curl up. Those couch's are so comfy and warm let me tell you. If you work it just right you can sleep the day away and be down on the floor before they know what is happening. I think I've got my mommas confused but they keep putting their hands right on the spot where I curl up. I wonder if they are on to me?

Man you get Kong's... I used to get stuffed Kong's in my crate when I was little. Before my mommy trusted me to be out by myself. Hang in there dude. One day you will have free reign over the house when they leave for work.

Your lab-bud in Alaska,
    Attu

zoesmom is offline Senior Member

Aw Sundance. Glad you didn't get a heart attack and lived to tell the story. Thanks for sharing your morning w/us.

Zoe
    Linda and ZoŽ, the Umlaut
    Honolulu, Hawaii

[

Oh Sundance,
    My mommy has been doing the same thing to me the past 2 weeks, as it's been really cold (which I don't mind at all) here too!
    I can imagine your worries & confusion when she did this to you for the first time.
    So glad she came back in & put your worries to rest!
    Your friend,
    Bailey

OMG yu musta ben sooo sceered!!!! sew glaaaad yer mama cam bak . Baaaad mama!!! yu shood git extra treets 2nite!!!

momofalab is offline Senior Member

So glad she came back. I would of wet myself, and I haven't done that in months. Your mommy must really love you lots!