Opinions please (kennel)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opinions please (kennel)

Callaway is offline Senior Member

DefaultOpinions please (kennel)

I would like to know what you all think of this place. There are 3 kennels that work together I dont know if thats good or not. PLease tell me what you think good or bad.
    http://www.labkennels.com/takoda_puppies.htm

They have a litter for fall/winter 2009 the mom and dad are gorgeous.

Courtney, Bogey and Calli

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dani is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Opinions please (kennel)

Are you lo9oking to get another dog? What do you want to do with it?

They do health clearances (all three of them), but only two seem to work with their dogs to get titled....and you can't find a pedigree anywhere there.

I'd personally not get a dog from there...but it's merely because I don't like the look of their dogs. I prefer a show bred dog. *shrug*
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

You're looking at a planned future litter for a dog that is currently 6 months old ??? What this says to me is that they have no real reason to breed that dog other than the fact that she's a female lab and they have a male lab. Yes, they seem to do clearances, but it doesn't look like they actually do anything to prove their dogs. If you like the looks of a show bred lab (what people mistakingly call english) then I recommend you go with a breeder who actually shows their dogs. Where are you located?

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I have a question ... under their planned litters they have this:

Reagan X Koda or Sarge OR Joslyn X Koda or Sarge (emphasis mine)

How can you not know who are going to breed to? I don't quite understand that (can a breeder explain to me?) They have that shown for three different upcoming litters.

Quote Originally Posted by ChowHound
    I have a question ... under their planned litters they have this:

Reagan X Koda or Sarge OR Joslyn X Koda or Sarge (emphasis mine)

How can you not know who are going to breed to? I don't quite understand that (can a breeder explain to me?) They have that shown for three different upcoming litters.
    I would guess that they have no ryme or reason for choosing the combinations they do...just mix and match the males and females they have. I've never seen a litter listing like that before.

k8show is offline Senior Member

Yeah, I'm going to agree with the others. They may have good intentions, but it doesn't seem like they know what they're doing.
    Katie and Boo

Just looking for the time being, I would like to get another in the next few years. I am in PA. When you start talking about titles and pedigees, I am a novice. Im only looking for a companion. I know I sound like an idiot, but thats why Ive asked you all. You guys and girls have much more knowledge of whats good or bad than I ever will.

You don't sound like an idiot and asking questions before you jump into something is the best thing you can do!! I would look at http://www.mariwyl.com She has a couple litters coming up or can probably give you recommendations for other reputable breeders in the area.

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

We all started somewhere, nothing wrong with asking (not asking is usually the problem). If you're looking for purely a companion, do you have preference on the looks? You can find great companion puppies in show and hunt test litters. Do you prefer the stockier look or the lankier look? Either way, health clearances are important. Titles can also tell you that the owners work with their breeding stock, and that is always a good thing.

Good luck finding your next puppy!

Its just soo intimadating, soo many places where do you start? My huband likes the lankier ( taller?) and I just like them happy and healthy so it makes no diference to me .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast