We could really use your prayers..UPDATE
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: We could really use your prayers..UPDATE

DefaultWe could really use your prayers..UPDATE

Our lab Kimba is going to be having emergency surgery this morning to fish out some obstructions from his stomach and intestines. Any prayers or positive thoughts would really be appreciated. If anyone has stories with happy endings about how this turns out I would love to hear them right now as I am a mess. I have no kids and so Kimba is my baby. Please keep us in your thoughts.

UPDATE: Vet called, Kimba was great through surgery. Turns out he chewed up a leash or harness that got stuck. They had to do an incision into his tummy and the upper intestine to pull pieces out. He is not out of the woods yet though so thank you for the well wishes and kind thoughts going forward.

It always amazes me the support one can get from the group on this forum, even when we have not been around for awhile. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

UPDATE SATURDAY:
    Well Kimba was able to come home last night and actually slept the whole night with just a bit of crying as he was drifting off to sleep. We are confined to the first floor and vet recommenced no steps for him for 2 weeks! In true lab fashion he was wagging his tail this morning and picking up slippers and carrying them around the house. What little food he is getting he is gobbling up and no signs of any danger yet. Looks like he is on the road to a speedy recovery. We canceled our Christmas trip to be at home with him as we thought the kennel may be too stressful.
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS and thank you again for the support!!
    And of course...here are lovely photos of what they extracted from his upper intestines and tummy :P Please note, this was not his leash and we have no idea what poor dog at the park is missing theirs as he was with the dog walker when this apparantly happened. This was just one of about 3 things that either were vomited up or they took out during surgery

Jennifer
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Beachboys is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: We could really use your prayers

Best of luck for Kimba. Hope everything goes perfect and he is home soon.

Good thoughts and prayers. One of the posts on this page is also about a possible obstruction. That dog has been through 2 surgeries.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

It's Bibber's post.

TangerineFizz is offline Senior Member

Jenn, I was just thinking about you guys yesterday, wondering where you've been and how you are.

I'm sorry to hear Kimba has been eating stuff he shouldn't. I really hope it wasn't any of his things we got him.... I'd feel really,really horrible.

You guys have lots of my good thoughts and prayers.
    Me, Abzilla and the Helomonster.

zoesmom is offline Senior Member

Good thoughts for your baby.
    Speedy recovery for Kimba.
    Linda and Zoë, the Umlaut
    Honolulu, Hawaii

[

Good thoughts for Kimba...hope the surgery goes quickly and easily and he has a speedy recovery.

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

Prayers and good thoughts for Kimba

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

Kimba, What have you done? It is not good to eat things that get stuck in your tummy. It hurts, its expensive, and it really makes your mom worry so much. NO MORE! Do you hear me?

Jennifer, Nothing but good thoughts for you and Kimba. I am sure that it will work out well. It has to since you share a name with our DIL.

Let us know as soon as the vets calls and tells you everything went well and Kimba will be fine.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

Good thoughts for Kimba and you!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast