AKC to Lookup Dog's Pedigree

Thread: AKC to Lookup Dog's Pedigree

DefaultAKC to Lookup Dog's Pedigree

I just received the sire's AKC papers of my new pup. Man this so cool and interesting. I can go see all the dog's in his heritage. But one thing I have not found if it exists, is a place to type in a specific registration number to view more info.
    Anyone have any knowlege of this, if a registration number gives access to anymore info and where to perform this on the AKC site?

thanks,

Doug

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dani is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: AKC to Lookup Dog's Pedigree

you have to pay to get more pedigrees on AKC's website.

This is where you'd have to go to get there: http://www.akc.org/store/reports/dog/index.cfm

but you need an account...and each pedigree is $10. If you put in a reg number, it will give you basic information...the name of the dog, sex, color and when they were born...beyond that...you can't see their ancestors unless you pay for the pedigree.

You can also look dogs up on OFA's website....although more tedious in my opinion. www.offa.org

It is fasinating.
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

Hi Dani,
    I just created an account. I don't need the sire's papers, I have these. Can I use his serial number to look up more information on him or anyone else in his pedigree? Hope I am not asking a question you just answered

thanks,

Doug

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dani is offline Senior Member

you can use the registration number to look up general stuff...that is about it.
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

If the parents both have their OFA health clearances, you can also look them up at www.offa.org (just type in the first word in their registered name in the box at the right-hand corner and you will be able to scan down and find the matching name). Otherwise, you can also do pedigree searches by looking up dogs' names (if they have titles and so forth, more likely) on the web. I did that with my Monty once, and he is pictured on websites from Korea and in Brazil (all because of a big show we were at back in April).

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

What are you trying to find out? AKC is very limited. OFA can be used to track ancestors and if they were cleared. There are other private databases you can do more detailed pedigree searches. It all depends on what specifically you want to know....

Hi Jen,
    Don't have a specific objective. I was told to enter the registration number to find out stuff. No one ever specified what stuff that might be ;D , so I was just doing some prelim work. I found the place on the AKC website to do this and yes it only tells you if the dog is registered.
    You mention other sites that will provide more detailed info, what might these sort of items be, can you direct me there?
    I am kind of fishing around and not sure for what or what I will find....

Thanks,

Doug

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

I like this one:
    http://labrador.retriever.free.fr/recherche.php?lang=en

You can see Pedigrees and colors of dogs quite easily.

You CAN sign up on AKC and Manage your dogs on the site. You can view your dogs and some basic info on dogs you are interested in. For example, I have put the stud I am going to use with Grace on my list and I can see his points and any OB/Rally/Hunting wins he might have. But just points or Q's but not details.

For me, what I find most helpful is OFA and the above site.