Getting Up In Middle of the night.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting Up In Middle of the night.

saskasmum is offline Senior Member

DefaultGetting Up In Middle of the night.

Help, any advice would be appreciated, Saska has started waking up between 3 and 4am every morning, she barks and crys till I let her out, she does her business comes back in and settles down, it is now driving me mad as she has done it for about 3 wks, I cannot carry on like it.

Up until now the only time she has got me up since she was a pup is if she has a tummy upset. Her motions are fine and she is not going to wee all the time either. She only wantS to go out the once every night. ??? ??? ???

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

georgie is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Getting Up In Middle of the night.

Has her routine changed? Or her bedtime gotten earlier? That would not be fun. When does she go out for her last potty break? I hope you get it solved.

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

My dogs do this to me as well. I tell them to go back to bed. It usually works. Once in a blue moon someone throws up. That gets me out of bed really fast

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

No nothing has changed, she was ill about three wks ago, with diarrhea and had to take her to the vet for an injection, I am wondering if it has just become a habit, and should I ignore her tonight when she crys

georgie is offline Senior Member

I hate to say....tell her to go back to sleep, I don't want to see her have an accident. But when mine do that...I tell them to "lay down, it's not time to get up yet." Like they understand English. :
    But they do lay down. Of course they are in bed with us.

They are used to getting up at 5 during the week & will sleep till 6 on the weekends.

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Yes, tell her to go back to sleep. If she can't settle then she really made need to go out, but with my dogs, they will usually settle back in and sleep for another couple hours.

Beerfish is offline Senior Member

Make sure you give her some excersize before bed and try to encourage her go pee.

Thanks everybody I will try the go back to sleep route and see how it goes, I am sure she has just got into the habit of waking up, fingers crossed it works.

It works a little differently in my house. Pete doen'st wake me up to go out. He waits for the 2-3 times I get up and maybe he goes and maybe he doesn't.

bruno did this when we first got him ,he was 12 months old ,ended up walking round like zombies after two weeks ,in the end the trainer i go to said dont leave a lot of water out for him at nightime they dont really need lots ,make sure he,s let out before you go to bed ,then best part is you and the other half get drunk and two nights of not hearing him sorted it ,he was hoouse trained though not heard a peep since only when my alarm goes off thats his wake up call to whine for brakfast ,just need the chwing bits up sorting nothing major normally paper ,cant wait for the xmas card shredding to come down too hope it helps thx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast