Had to give Jonah a bath, now I have a question...

Thread: Had to give Jonah a bath, now I have a question...

DefaultHad to give Jonah a bath, now I have a question...

Jonah had diarrhea the morning before last in his crate. Needless to say he and his crate were a mess. I took them both outside and cleaned them off, but just didn't feel comfortable only hosing him down and felt like I needed soap. I used some puppy shampoo that we had used on him the first week we had him (same situation). This morning he had bile in his crate and on him (I'm sure from empty stomach) so he got another bath this morning.

Now I am wondering if there is anything I should put on his skin to help with his natural oils? I feel like the shampoo two days in a row is going to really dry his skin out. Also, if something like that happens again, any one have any other suggestions that may not strip his skin? I normally just hose him off after he gets dirty or goes to the beach, but just felt that it needed more than that with as gross as he was and to get the stink and germs out.

By the way, he's feeling much better now and everything seems to be staying down just fine now! I'm pretty sure the culprit was the leftover deli meat we gave him the day before. :P

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Jeep274 is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Had to give Jonah a bath, now I have a question...

Two days in a row shouldn't have an effect on his coat. We use oatmeal shampoo when Kody gets a bath.

This is the one: http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...8&pcatid=12538

He only gets a bath when he gets real dirty or has had an accident like Jonah did.

DefaultRe: Had to give Jonah a bath, now I have a question...

I think he'll be fine. If it happens again and it's only a little spot just wash the spot with soap. You can give fish oils for their coat if you feel they need it.