I've been meaning to post this for awhile...
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I've been meaning to post this for awhile...

DefaultI've been meaning to post this for awhile...

I hope it is not just me when I say this. But I really have a hard time reading about sickness and passing of dogs. I can barely, and I mean barely read these threads. It's even harder to actually make a comment. I guess I'm trying to say that even if you don't see a post from me in a thread like that, you can bet your house that I teared up just knowing a dog passed on here.

I think part of it is I just love dogs so much. The other part is I have a hard time not instantly relating bad news to Pete and I can't bare that thought.

I know I'm not a weirdo for this, but tell me I'm not alone at least.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Chester B. Dickens is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: I've been meaning to post this for awhile...

You are not alone.

I often read them here at work -- my bad -- and then I'm excusing myself to step outside and get my act together.

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

You're not alone. Enough said.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

TangerineFizz is offline Senior Member

Definately not alone.
    Me, Abzilla and the Helomonster.

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

definitely not alone. I try to post because I know it means alot to the family.

I do realize it means a lot to the family. I feel bad about that too. It's basically what my point is. It's so hard to do but I wanted them to know that there are others that are affected by their loss. Everyone has different ways of dealing with things like this.

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by allprolab
    I do realize it means a lot to the family. I feel bad about that too. It's basically what my point is. It's so hard to do but I wanted them to know that there are others that are affected by their loss. Everyone has different ways of dealing with things like this.
    That's true...and grieving for the loss of a loved one (whether two legged or 4) is as individual a thing as any. I think everyone here understands that that there are some who find very difficult to post in threads like that. Putting myself in that position, if a member didn't post I would know they are still thinking of me and understands the magnitude of the loss.

You are definitely not alone. I think it's cool that this thread was started and gives those struggling with illness or the loss of their dog a chance to know that even if we don't post, we still grieve with them.

definitely not alone!

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

It is so hard to read about all of our friends headed for the bridge, or seriously ill. I never realized how much of that goes on in the world. I think this is part of what draws this community together. Drawing support for the early days of training and dealing with the young or rescued pups, seeking and receiving help when sudden illness or accident happens, and reading the support when we lose one of our own and knowing that we are not alone in that difficult time.

How we each choose to express it, or not. Hold it within, or share. It is very personal. To think that this old guy would share that his eyes well up when he reads some of these sad stories would have been out of the question before. Now, it is just how it is.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

I agree, you are not alone. I always have a hard time knowing what to say or how to word what I am feeling. Often I will type out a response two or three times, only to not follow through with the post because it just doesn't come out right.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast