How is your lab with the Christmas decorations?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How is your lab with the Christmas decorations?

k8show is offline Senior Member

DefaultHow is your lab with the Christmas decorations?

I was afraid we'd have to keep Boo from taking a pee on the tree. So far he's good (knock wood). He seems to think it's cool that we're actually allowing sticks in the house.

I hung a wreath inside last night, and he was soooo afraid of it! He was barking at it from 15ft away with his tail tucked between his legs--fantastic guard dog. : I couldn't resist, I chased him around with it :P before I set it on the floor and let him 'niff 'niff and investigate.
    Today, he's denying the whole incident. But, I tell ya, that boy had me rolling around on the floor last night! ;D

How have your dogs been with the decorations--this year or years past?
    Katie and Boo

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: How is your lab with the Christmas decorations?

Our tree has been up for a week and Shelby has virtually ignored it. She showed slightly more interest last year, as the beheaded angels will attest too.

I only have up a small table top tree this year, but year before last, we had a HUGE live tree in the foyer. They didn't touch any of the ornaments (and I had 5 under 3 years old), but Jake's wagging tail would give them a swing every now and then....so watch out for the happy tails!
    A few years back, it was not the labs, but my 10 year old cocker spaniel that got red fabric ornaments off the tree and proceeded to chew on them. He was pink, the carpet was pink...and my face was RED!! LOL

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I can't have a tree in the house because I also have 4 cats that would have that tree down in no time flat. Maggie is too crazy and I'm sure she would help. I usually just hang a wreath and some garland around. I'm also out in the boonies and nobody would see my house anyway.

This is the first year that my mom is not around (she is in a nursing home) so me and my brother went to my dads and decorated his house as a surprise. He is in NY right now visiting family. He said he just wasn't into it this year. Well, I can't wait until he comes home and sees his house. We will put him into the Christmas spirit! ;D My mom used to decorate every inch of the house every year. I'm just not going to look forward to the phone call when he says it's time to put it all away :P I hope it makes him feel better.

georgie is offline Senior Member

Molly & Abby are real good. Although the wagging tails sometimes knocks a few ornaments off. They have sniffed at the stand up decorations on the floor but so far...so good.

Kathryn Guest

The only trouble we have is tails in the tree. we have a 4ft fake one on the coffee table to help with that.. but they still hit it. other than that great!

No trouble yet. But I did put a 6 foot tree on a 2 foot table! Just out of reach of tails. Jake did try to steal a snowman though.

cinderbay is offline Senior Member

I have never really had a problem. This is Rhumba's first holiday and she really has not paid any attention to the tree.
    Now one year, not sure if it was Lily or Cinder, was busted on the sofa with a glass candy cane. Thank goodness she did not eat it! But I am also glad it was not ruined. I have never been able to find those things again and they were NOT cheep LOL
    I will have to look online for them, I would love more.
    Kim

I was worried since this was the first year we had a tree after getting both dogs. Neither one of them even cared. Lilly was scared of it for a day and Barnsley surprisingly hasn't stollen any ornaments. We are having a little trouble with happy tails though since we pass it to go outside after being released from the crates.

kassabella is offline Senior Member

Last year Ernie met me at the door with the Xmas tree and a trail of decorations.

As I was going away I had decorated the fake one and he couldn't leave it alone.

Kassa 25/11/01 - 09/02/05 O.S Jaw cancer forever in my heart.
    Ernie 25/11/01 adopted May 05
    Sam 11? adopted Nov 06 - 18/12/07 Lyphoma
    Tessa. Rescued June 2011.
    Bone Cancer Dogs org.http://www.bonecancerdogs.org/
    http://kassabella.tripod.com/kassabella/
    http://collarsbychris.weebly.com/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast