Labrador themed ornaments
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Labrador themed ornaments

mollyrock is offline Senior Member

DefaultLabrador themed ornaments

I buy myself at least one Lab themed ornament each year since Lucy came into our lives. It is fun to find new designs. Now that I have quite a few I am having trouble finding new ones.

I treated myself to having Ursula(TobyTrix) this past Spring make me one of Lucy. I have kept it out displayed all this time, but I can't wait to put it on the tree.

We are late getting our tree because the place we usually go wasn't open this weekend. Lets hope they open this weekend.

I just ordered this one from Cabela's today. Had to search for it. It isn't an easy find in their catalog. I really stumbled on it by accident.

anyone find any really unique lab themed ornaments they want to share pics of and where they got them?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

momofalab is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Labrador themed ornaments

Husband drools over Cabela's Catalog. Keep finding the catalog in the bathroom! Cute ornaments.

;D I posted mine in my "fun" thread in O&E this weekend. I have gotten a lot of lab ornaments from Bass Pro Warehouse and Orvis.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

thanks for the tip Sandy.

k8show is offline Senior Member

A lab themed tree would be sweet! I like your ornaments.
    Katie and Boo

Oooh! I like that one from Cabela's!

I got this one for Rukus his very first year with us, and on the back I wrote "Rukus' 1st Christmas 2005" in sharpie:

http://www.shop.thedogonline.com/pro...productId=1643

This year, since it is Dozer's first Christmas with us, I got him this one:

http://www.shop.thedogonline.com/pro...productId=1659

And just like Rukus' ornament, I wrote on the back "Dozer's 1st Christmas 2007" on it.

I guess mine are unique because they are from pictures I've made. I ordered them yesterday. The ornaments are porcelain, double sided, and should look like this (but without the people ;D):

Here are the pictures I used:

(1) This one is for a friend who has faithfully walked Shelby for the last four weeks for me (I'm in a cast). She has a chocolate lab almost a year older than Shelby. This is a photo I made of him over the summer:

and

(2) This one is for my parents. It's Shelby w/ their little boy (my brother! ;D):

I spent hours looking at all the labrador ones on CafePress, but in the end, got the idea for these and decided to see how they would turn out. I ordered the first one from Snapfish, and the second from CafePress. That way I'll be able to compare the quality (CafePress was less). If anyone is interested, I'll give a review when I get them.

I would like to know how you like them Chowhound...good choice of pictures!

For some reason your picture ornaments remind me of the Milkbone ornament that several of us got last year. Very cool. You can put your dogs face on a milkbone carton replica that is an ornament. ooooh, I can't wait to dig that one out!

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

I love the ornaments! Molly, how are you going to hang Ursula's Lab? I have one made by Ursula of a black Lab but it has no means to hang it.

I asked Ursula to put a hook in the back when she made it.

I bet you could get a real small screw-eye and put it in the back of the neck. Once that clay is hard it could accept a tiny screw-eye. But ask Ursula if she has done that before.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast