For those that missed it or want to see again...Molly and the treat jar (pics)

Thread: For those that missed it or want to see again...Molly and the treat jar (pics)

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

DefaultFor those that missed it or want to see again...Molly and the treat jar (pics)

I honestly can't even remember how old she was when this happened. I know that it wasn't anymore then about 10-12 weeks old. The story was definitely NOT funny while it was happening, but it's good for a laugh now.

I woke up to let the girls out, feed them, and take Molly to potty. I went to give her a treat when we came back in and I (being the googball that I am) had the treat jar on the floor, well I went to turn around to get the lid and Miss Molly shoved her head in!!!! She ate the remaining treats, along with getting her head stuck, and I was having a fit. I ran upstairs to get my parents (it was around 6am)...We cut an air hole for her in the bottom, and my dad went and got one of his work tools to get the jar off (it was thick plastic around the top). I held onto Molly, my mom held her head still and kept a finger between Molly and the jar, and we carefully cut a chunk out so we could cut the rest of the plastic with scissors.

Here are the pictures:

Molly with the jar on her head

the air hole

where we cracked the jar to get it off

red line= approx. how full the jar was

*Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

georgie is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: For those that missed it or want to see again...Molly and the treat jar (pics)

I never saw that before. It is funny now, but I can only imagine your panic when she did it.

DefaultRe: For those that missed it or want to see again...Molly and the treat jar (pics)

Oh Molly, haha that must have been pretty scary while it was happening, but now it's a great story (with photos!)

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

RangerMom is offline Senior Member

I know it's funny now but I can imagine the panic at the time. Dad to the rescue.

Blackie and Ranger ...............................Reggie: 1996-2010 "Fly Reggie Fly"

kassabella is offline Senior Member

I bet it was frightening at the time.

Kassa 25/11/01 - 09/02/05 O.S Jaw cancer forever in my heart.
    Ernie 25/11/01 adopted May 05
    Sam 11? adopted Nov 06 - 18/12/07 Lyphoma
    Tessa. Rescued June 2011.
    Bone Cancer Dogs org.http://www.bonecancerdogs.org/
    http://kassabella.tripod.com/kassabella/
    http://collarsbychris.weebly.com/

That is one for memories.... a good ending. Good and quick thinking on your and your parents part to get the jar off. Molly would be good ship builder, I could never figure out how they got those ships in a bottle... ;D

Thanks for sharing that story