Just Labradors banner

I'm going to frikkin' kill him if he doesn't beat me to it.

2K views 35 replies 33 participants last post by  Sams Mom 
#1 ·
Murray is on my **** list right now. :mad:

We went to the Arts Festival yesterday and bought some food items like soup mixes, dip mixes, salsa, etc. My daughter left the bag of goodies on the table without my knowledge. We went out to dinner last night and when we got home I found soup and dip mixes strewn all over the floor and ground into the carpet. :mad: I wanted to kill Murray then. I should have. I vacuumed up the mess and put the remaining items away...except the salsa which I put on the counter as far back as possible and put some other items in front of it thinking it would be safe. It's in a jar after all. ::)

Today we went to brunch and to do some shopping. I came home to a scene straight out of Psycho. There is blood and salsa and glass EVERYWHERE! Murray was pleased as punch too, the little ****. :mad: I spent an hour wiping salsa off the walls, doors, floors, cabinets, and from under the appliances. Then vacuumed up glass from 3 rooms. I'm worried that he may have eaten some of the glass because most of the salsa had been eaten but the jar had shattered. I picked up some large pieces of glass with the label intact and found little pieces in 3 different rooms (open floor plan) but not enough to make up the entire jar.

I'm POd but I'm worried too. Any advice...other than lock everything away? I remember someone on here using cotton balls when their dog ate glass.

See less See more
#34 ·
Ouch! Sorry, Lydia. Although . . . I think I've said this before, but whenever Theo does something really idiotic like this I take some comfort knowing that you, with all your skill and the titles you've put on Murray, still struggle with it!

How's the Mur-man today? Did you do the cotton balls & cream?

#35 ·
TobysTrix said:
When you say there was blood and salsa everywhere, how much blood and could you figure out where it came from? His feet? His mouth? Update when you can.
At first I thought it was all salsa but when I started cleaning I realized some of the red was actually blood (a different color than the salsa). It was long streaks, not paw prints so I assume it was from his tongue licking the floor, glass, and salsa. I checked his feet and mouth and didn't see any cuts or glass fragments. He seems ok today but I'm still keeping a close watch on him. I don't think we are out of the woods yet.

samson said:
except the salsa which I put on the counter as far back as possible
Herein lies the problem
Yeah hindsight is always 20/20. ;) He usually isn't a counter surfer which is why I thought the salsa would be ok. Now getting into the garbage? That's definitely his MO.

theoconbrio said:
Ouch! Sorry, Lydia. Although . . . I think I've said this before, but whenever Theo does something really idiotic like this I take some comfort knowing that you, with all your skill and the titles you've put on Murray, still struggle with it!

How's the Mur-man today? Did you do the cotton balls & cream?
Well glad we could be of some comfort to you. ;D

Didn't need cream. Murray inhaled the cotton balls like they were some kind of special treat. ::) Why do I bother buying the good stuff for treats?

#36 ·
Poor Murray.
Hope he's okay.

He was thinking.... yummy a little bit rough.hmmmm that makes it salty gobble snarf. hafta finish this before they get home...I'll be in so much trouble but man this stuff is good....gobble yummy!

Man, they (the labs) can be such dorks!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.