Training Kennel, Permanent Kennel and Traveling Kennel

Thread: Training Kennel, Permanent Kennel and Traveling Kennel

DefaultTraining Kennel, Permanent Kennel and Traveling Kennel

I was wondering if there was a one-size fits all needs for a kennel. I will need a kennel for my new pup for obedience and house training. I was also thinking it might be a good idea if it would double as a traveling kennel for airplane cargo- thinking of doing some hiking and camping out in Utah so plane travel is the only way to get there.
    I am thinking I could section off the kennel while she is a pup for house training and then use it later for plane.
    What size is good for an average size lab for these purposes?

Thanks,

Doug

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

patm is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Training Kennel, Permanent Kennel and Traveling Kennel

If you want to do airtravel, I think you need to get one of the hard plasic ones like this:

http://www.dog.com/itemdy00.asp?T1=1...rccode=DNEXTAG

You can use this like a regular crate in the house also, but for travel you would probably get one on the smallish side, and I like a little bigger one if they are going to be crated at home during the day, etc. I have a whole collection of different kennels by now, and I've only have 3 dogs, most of the time they weren't even crated! There are several good websites that discuss types of crates for dogs - just google "dog crates" and you'll come up with a bunch of stuff.

Here's one that discusses crates:

http://searchwarp.com/swa4175.htm

DefaultRe: Training Kennel, Permanent Kennel and Traveling Kennel

Thank you,
    Just skimmed through several of the links that appear from the two you sent, those are great. The crate one really nailed all my questions into a concise read... the other has some great tips on house training....

thanks again,

Doug