help!

Thread: help!

Kathryn Guest

Defaulthelp!

Jacey is leaking a clear and red liquid from where they cut her open for her spay/hernia.. I plotted it up very easy because they said not to let it get wet. Its not a lot about the size of a dime.. Should I call the vet? I will go to the answering service and they well call the vet and the vet calls me back.. or should I just watch it??

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

penzpurlz is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: help!

Is it constantly leaking? or just a little ooze? Did they say there might be some seapage? I guess if it was me, I'd probably call.
    Penny from Sunny Southern California

Kathryn Guest

They didnt tell me anything.
    I just noticed it I have her laying next to me now so that I can watch it..
    I think if it is still leaking ill call..

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I guess with any kind of surgery...there could be some leakage. But better to be safe than sorry and call the vet. At least to give yourself peace of mind.

Kathryn Guest

ok i must be over reacting because its been about 20 mins and nothing else is coming out of it..

TobysTrix is offline Senior Member

I'm just seeing this now and I'm hoping that since there weren't any other updates that all was well. I think a little bit of seepage from a new incision is pretty normal, especially if she'd been overdoing it slightly (like running up and down the hall and trying to play bitey-face...). I also think that if there's not much fluid and the fluid is clear, it's probably OK. But good thoughts anyway that Jacey heals up quickly.
    Toby and Chamois say: GO STEELERS!
    [[IMG][/IMG]

Cinnamon had a little drainag post op and it scared me also. So I called my cousin who is a vet in VT. She told me a small amount of drainage like you describe is not uncommon. But if you have a lot of drainage or the area is red, hot or painful call the vet who did the surgery ASAP. Hope Jacey continues to do well and heals quickly.

Kathryn Guest

I ended up laying on the bed with her so shed go to sleep. She wanted to be with me so I ended up just going to bed for the night. I watched it for a while and i think it could have gone either way. But it stopped. She just wanted me to hold her all night. Im kinda glad because then I can feel if she moves or tries to lick(thank god she hasnt). This morning before I let her out I made her lay down on the floor in the light and looked at it. It looks much better than it did yesterday.. Today shes going to be shut in my room with me or the other dogs crated so that I can keep her calm. She has seemd to be a little more wild since having this done than before : ..

Glad she's doing better this morning. OH how hard it is to keep a lab quiet!

georgie is offline Senior Member

I'm glad Jacey is feeling better.