Fireworks ...

Thread: Fireworks ...

Felix Guest

DefaultFireworks ...

It's almost the end of the year (30 days left), and it's from time to time already a real pain in the ass those guy's who lighting firecrackers already (they are allowed to buy it from 28 till 31th off december, and light it at the end of the year) ..

And i mean a real pain in the ass for the dog's who doesnt like the sound or like the smell off fireworks :-X

Is you're dog afraid off fireworks ?!

They even have some sort off trainings classes for afraid dog's off fireworks at the dog(s) school(s) over here in the Netherlands

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Fireworks ...

I agree with you about the fireworks. We have that here more on the 4th of July. I'm lucky none of my dogs care about fireworks or thunder, but I had dogs before who were very afraid and it is heartbreaking to see their fear. I hope Laika doesn't mind the noise.

Kate3jays is offline Senior Member

November and new year are the worst time in England as we celebrate bonfire night, and a lot of the asian community also celebrate Diwali- the festival of lights- in November, and of couse New years eve.

My 2, i don't know about Jed yet, don't mind them if they are indoors, but if they are outside they panic, i've written before about the night my husband had them out off leash, 2 weeks before bonfire night, and some children let off fire crackers and frightened them so much that they ran off into a nearby road and both got hit by cars.

You can't even say i'll keep them indoors on specific nights as people don't stick to those nights, they let them off any old time...personally i hate them and wish they'd ban them to the public and leave them to organised displays.

"some days you are the dog, some days you are the tree!"
    Kate mom to Jed Jasmine and Joelly
    http://www.glosmerelabradors.co.uk/#

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Kate2jays

You can't even say i'll keep them indoors on specific nights as people don't stick to those nights, they let them off any old time...personally i hate them and wish they'd ban them to the public and leave them to organised displays.
    Just like a lot of other things in this world, people don't follow rules. I don't think it's a reason to ban them for the ones that abide.

You're also saying you want me out of a job.

I'm all about using them properly and safely. But I don't like it when people want to ban everything that bothers them.

Felix Guest

Laika doesnt care about the noise fireworks make

But i do know some dog's who do get scared by it, but the stupid fireworks starts almost evry year at the begining off november, and it just ends in january, but only the last three days off each year it is legal to buy and use fireworks over here :-\

But fireworks ... i mean the real sh** ... if you hear the loud BENGS !! .. Those sounds wont miss place in a infantery assault in Uruzgan (Afghanistan)

So, it is realy realy noisy! :-X

Kate3jays is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by allprolab
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate2jays

Just like a lot of other things in this world, people don't follow rules. I don't think it's a reason to ban them for the ones that abide.

You're also saying you want me out of a job.

I'm all about using them properly and safely. But I don't like it when people want to ban everything that bothers them.
    Fireworks don't just "bother me" as you put it, i had to scrape both my dogs up off the road and watch them suffer pain and countless operations over many months until they were fit again, they don't just bother me, i HATE them.

Perhaps i was a bit rash to say ban them, and i feel for genuine sales people like yourself, but these kids that freaked my boys out had obviously gotten them illegally either by theft or dodgy shop keepers.

I think the law over here needs tightening up big style and perhaps that would help rather than an all out ban, i'm sorry if i upset you but if you could have seen my dogs you would know why i get so upset.

"some days you are the dog, some days you are the tree!"
    Kate mom to Jed Jasmine and Joelly
    http://www.glosmerelabradors.co.uk/#

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

I agree with all annoyed with the fireworks for a month preceding the day of the celebration. We are fortunate with hershey Kisses, she could care less. Same with gunfire, and thunder for her. Previous dogs we have had were terrified of all of them.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.