these boys are too much (pic heavy)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: these boys are too much (pic heavy)

amazongold is offline Senior Member

Defaultthese boys are too much (pic heavy)

Since we got Champ on October 30, life has changed tremendously in this house. At first, Champ was shy and stand-offish with Buddy, because he'd never been around another dog (he'd also never been socialized, but we're working on that, too). Buddy was just frantic to play, because all he'd known was being in rescues and animal shelters with other dogs to play with. Buddy would bug Champ to play, Champ would hide behind Bill, Buddy would get told to calm down and leave Champ alone. Now, Champ initiates play at least as much as Buddy does, and often more! They act like they have always been together, and share beds, bones, toys, and everything else with barely a grumble.

Champ displays an inordinate amount of interest in Buddy's lipstick, always checking to see if it's in or out. :-\ We hope that will stop with neutering. When we have them at the park, it's funny to watch the difference in the way they run. Champ runs head high and loping, almost like a deer. Buddy is head down, full-out charge, legs going as fast as they can. They still tag-team with the ChuckIt ball. Champs runs after it and picks it up, Buddy waits until Champ is about 20' away and he intercepts the ball and returns it. They play with the frisbee together, Champ usually catching it and then teasing Buddy with it until Buddy grabs on, then they run around with it together. One or the other will let go and the one holding it will dance and prance and tease until the other grabs hold again and off they run in their lumbering ballet de frisbee.

snuggling together

I heard paper rustle!

whatcha got there, Mom?

the prize - Cheetos!

Champ at full stretch
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: these boys are too much (pic heavy)

It's interesting to hear how "the boys" interact. I'm so glad it has gone well & it sounds like they made fast progress to becoming best buds. By the way, they are both just gorgeous and they look so happy!

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

;D

They sound like mine, especially the difference in how they run. Especially when we first got Simon, he ran like a deer. He loped, all legs, very graceful and with a little hop to his gait. Angus has always been balls-to-the-wall when he chases a ball. His head is down and he's extended as far as he can. All muscle. He looks like a freight train.

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

saskasmum is offline Senior Member

It is so good to read how well they are now getting on, I have often wondered how they were doing, they have turned into two handsome dogs.

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

What wonderful brothers they are. Shadow must be smiling down at them.

jan elaine Guest

I am so happy for all of you! Sounds like you are all having so much fun. I' m glad the boys have each other. Makes me want two! ;D By the way, never heard the "lipstick" term before. :-\

budbud is offline Senior Member

They are both so very cute your very lucky to have found these two

RangerMom is offline Senior Member

Oh thanks so much for posting. This one really made my day. It is so wonderful that Buddy and Champ have each other and YOU! They are the perfect pair.

Blackie and Ranger ...............................Reggie: 1996-2010 "Fly Reggie Fly"

it is heartwarming to hear that they have become such good brothers so quickly !!!

wiscpayton is offline Senior Member

I love the "whatcha got there" pic. Beautiful dogs. Looks like a match made in heaven for all.... Thanks for the update. Does one run substantially faster than the other?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast