Need to rant...

Thread: Need to rant...

DefaultNeed to rant...

Rant #1:

So, we have a big snowfall today and I decide to take the dogs for a jaunt. As I'm walking down this totally slippery hill, the boys are excited and pulling me. I have to stop a few times to settle them cause I might fall down and hurt myself. I see a crowd up ahead with a nice looking golden retriever sitting calmly beside his owners. As I pass them, I joked, "Now that is a good dog!". Within a milisecond of saying this, I notice that the poor thing is on an e-collar, and when he attempts to bolt towards my boys, he gets ajolt and sits back. Clearly, in my head, I take the statement back.

I want to rant about the fact that this e-collar thing has really caught on in my neighborhood, and probably every 3rd dog has one. THe yuppie owners sit there all proud of themselves cause they have these 'well-trained' dogs. BLAH!!! Makes me so mad!!!

Rant #2:

SU and I can't bring our boys to his parents' place over Christmas 'cause his mother thinks that, "Marlan is not disciplined and is a handful". :-X He's a puppy!!!!! And what is that supposed to imply, that we are horrible parents?? Whatever happened to CHristmas being about love, acceptance, and family?? Makes me so MAD!!!!! Now we have to kennel them.

Ok, done ranting.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Kate3jays is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Need to rant...

I agree totally with you on the collar rant, they sound like horrible things, though i have never seen anyone use one over here.

As for rant number 2, there is no way i would leave my babies at Christmas, if your MIL won't accept the dogs then i would decline her invitation or have her over to my house...are either of these an option for you?

"some days you are the dog, some days you are the tree!"
    Kate mom to Jed Jasmine and Joelly
    http://www.glosmerelabradors.co.uk/#

The e-collar thing is out of hand; it's disgusting really. Bugs me a lot.

I wish with all of my soul that I could decline the Christmas invite, but it means a lot to my SU. We can't have her here since she is having the whole family at her house. Bugs me, cause my family would never disallow my furkids. They are part of MY family.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

Reply to Rant #2. Caveat, we all respond differently in different situations.

Was supposed to go to KC this weekend to visit daughter. This daughter noes nuts with HK when she is here, so does her husband. We always had a dog in the house while she was growing up. Two weeks ago, she tells DW that they are trying to ge ttheir house ready for sale, IN 6 MONTHS, and don't think it would be a good idea for HK to come along. Maybe we should find a kennel for her. DW knew what my response would be and waited a week to tell me. 'Ummm! I don't think we can go to KC next weekend. DD doesn't want HK there and I don't think we can find a place to kennel her with just a week left.' (DS will be out of town.) My response, ' I doubt we can find a place to kennel her also. Especially since I am not going to look. I guess our trips to KS are over.' And that is the end of my story.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.