Is your Lab a big wuss sometimes?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is your Lab a big wuss sometimes?

DefaultIs your Lab a big wuss sometimes?

Both of my Labs have at times exhibited this behavior that may be familiar to you also. When confronted by something strange, especially at night, Duke will let out a menacing bark and then run behind me and peer around my legs to see if anything was following him. I have even pointed in the direction of the strange noise and said "go see what that is" only to have him launch off in the opposite direction playing like he was searching for the danger. ;D
    Also, I am always amused at how they react to anything that changes in their home environment. One ritual is to open the plantation shutters every morning and Duke is always their to check out the street. If anything is different, like a strange car parked by the curb, or even a pile of neighbors trash, he will go into an alerting growling bark. For that though I always award him for letting me know.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Is your Lab a big wuss sometimes?

I have seen Pete run from a fly on many occasions.

ROFLING!!! Gotta love'm..
    Jackie

Quote Originally Posted by allprolab
    I have seen Pete run from a fly on many occasions.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Callaway is offline Senior Member

Bogey isnt afraid of much, thunder storm no problem lets go outside, gunshot lets go and see where that came from! But pull out the vacume and its BARK, BARK, BARK! When he was smaller he'd hide behind the couch till I was done.

Courtney, Bogey and Calli

KLM

Haha...

On four occasions Jake has freaked out over a random object. He'll start growling and barking at it and jumping around and totally goes beserk - like he is totally terrified of it. It is really strange.

One time was at a toy (which he never played with after that)
    Once was some truck parts SU had set in the grass beside the drive way. Jake came be-boppin around the house and about jumped a mile when he saw them!
    Once was last weekend while hiking there was a creek with a rock in the middle and he freaked out at the rock
    Once was at the river at a Mountain Dew bottle that came floating by:

I wish I knew what caused him to be so afraid...

Labz4Me is offline Senior Member

My big bad girl protects the homestead from invaders with an ear piercing "You better not mess with me" shrieky howly bark that would wake the dead.....but as soon as I get out the vacuum cleaner she hauls butt up the stairs!
    Pat from S.E. Pa
    Abby - CGC
    Jack - OCP (official couch potato)

Katies Mom is offline Senior Member

If our house alarm goes off Katie runs upstairs to the loft as far away from all entry points to the house and peeks out until you make it stop.

We also have no windows on the front of our house so we have no idea what goes on out front. Because of this we have a driveway alert for when someone pulls into the driveway. One morning a few months ago the driveway alert went off at 5 in the morning TWICE! She jumped off the bed and hid in the corner of our bedroom behind the recliner. Of course Jim didn't here it go off because he was snoring too loud. It was left up to me to jump out of bed and see what danger we were in. They were both useless.

Hunter is offline Senior Member

My Duke is a big chicken when it comes to new things.

Last week we were at the dog park taking a nice long walk. Duke goes off into the thicket like he always does, when all of a sudden I hear this yelp and a scared bark, here comes Duke running back to me with his tail between his legs. Not twenty feet away from me a young doe stands up and looks straight at us.

Took a few seconds for Duke to recognize what it was that he came nose to nose with. Then the race was on, the Doe was bouncing across the field and Duke was in hot pursuit

Labz4Me-I have one of those too!!! Ginger hates the vacuum!

But....the funny one is Jake. 90 lbs of giant pup will drop to the ground, roll onto his back, stick 4 legs straight in the air and cry if my 12 year old, 35 lb, 5 tooth having Ruby even looks at him funny! He is a big weenie!

georgie is offline Senior Member

Iis funny the things that make them act like that. Any strange car or even someone walking on the road will cause them to bark like they will attack. (They would just lick someone to death) They go to fireworks, thunder doesn't bother them.

But Molly runs & hides when the vacum comes out. Abby runs from any rustling sound, like that plastic packaging stuff. Go figure. ;D

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast