Fergus needs your positve thoughts(UPDATE #4 He's Improving)
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Fergus needs your positve thoughts(UPDATE #4 He's Improving)

DefaultFergus needs your positve thoughts(UPDATE #4 He's Improving)

Something isn't right. Didn't even ask for dinner last night, laid in his bed all day yesterday. I had to coax him down the stairs to eat this morning and then he wouldn't get out of bed to go for a walk. Nothing worked even words that would normally send him into a frizzy like 'truck ride" or "swimming". After 20 minutes I finally got him outside and he walked behind me the whole walk. Fergus normally pulls me so hard I have trouble walking him on my own. Let him off leash to see if that would get him going...nothing, didn't even move. Hubby is on his way home and we are off the the Vets. Please think positively for us, because nothing but bad thoughts are going through my head right now....

UPDATE:

Hubby took him to the Vet this afternoon while I was at work, it sure isn't easy looking after 8 one year olds when your mind is else where. Fergus was doing so awful at that point hubby had to carry him into the office and once inside he just laid on the floor. Fergus is normally a total clown at the Vets office so seeing him like this had everbody worried. They rushed him in right away...took his temp and it was apparently quite high, took a blood sample and his white cell count was really high as well which indicated that there was something really wrong (I don't know if I'm getting all the info right since it was second hand from hubby). Scott thankfully was smart enough to have brought in a stool sample from this morning and when examined our Vet found ALOT of yeast in his stool. So he figured he must of gotten into something and with the amount of yeast in his stool whatever it was made his tummy really sick. They gave him a shot of something while he was there to help with the fever ect and sent him home with these HUGE pills he has to take 3 times a day. By the time I got home from work a few hours later he has improved so much. I was greeted with a few bum wiggles and he is asking to eat so it looks like we are on the mend. I'm still completely sick to my stomach, all the things that were going thought my head today were not pleasant. I honestly don't know what I would do without him. Thank you all for thinking of us it meant so much and I think it really helped!!

UPDATE #2

6:00PM Thursday Evening...

Fergus has taken a turn for the worst. Seemed okay this morning as we were leaving for work, not 100% but had some spunk to his step and ate breakfast no problem. My brother was here all day painting for us and told me when I got home that Fergus barely moved all day. He said he gave him his lunch around 4:00, but he hardly ate two bites. Let him outside afterwards and he laid out there for over an hour and wouldn't come in. He finally coaxed him in and he couldn't make the step up to get back into the house. My brother had to lift his backend to help him inside. I have no idea what's going on. He can barely lift his head when I pet him and is whimpering when I touch him. I called our Vet right away and they said he shouldn't be this sick still and the shot they gave him yesterday was to help bring down his fever which is why he was feeling better yesterday. It's obviously back and he seems worse tonight then he did yesterday. They are faxing all his info over to the ER Vet and we are headed down as soon as Scott gets home with the truck. PLEASE PLEASE pray for my little boy, I normally would never ask for something like that, but I've never been this scared in my whole life. I will update again as soon as I know something.

UPDATE #3

10:00 Thursday Evening after ER Vet

No news yet, did a complete blood panel and sent it off to the Lab we should have the results by tomorrow afternoon. His back end is REALLY sore and his knee isn't looking great either. She took some X-rays of his knee and then noticed his elbows are really swollen as well. She manipulated his left elbow a bit and afterwards he couldn't weight bare. It's a possibility that he may have some sort of bone disease...things aren't looking good. One good thing is that one of the best orthopedic surgeons is going to be at the ER clinic tomorrow and she is going to look at his x-rays and examine him as well. So between that and his blood work results we should know something tomorrow evening. They offered to keep him overnight, but we wanted to keep him home with us. The Er clinic is only a few blocks away if something goes bad. Thank you all again for your support it means so much to Scott, Fergus & I. Will update tomorrow evening when hopefully we'll know more.

UPDATE#4

Friday Evening

Well we still don't really know what is wrong. Nothing showed up in the bloodwork. He has shown alot of improvement through out the day. This morning was pretty scary, but he seemed to get better as the day went on. We took him back to our Vet this afternoon and he walked around the lobby and greeted all the girls with bum wiggles, considering he hasn't even been able to get ou tof his bed it was like a miracle. He is on a really strong antibiotic so it's obviously working. He thinks he may have Polly arthritis??? (I can't remember if I got the name right, I'm surviving on no sleep) as a result from an infection, we just can't figure out where he got the infection from. He hasn't ruled out Lyme disease yet, although it isn't commen at all where we live, he asked the Lab to test for it anyway and we should get those results Monday. Things were looking really bad this morning, but seeing him get up and walk at the Vets office was an amazing relief. He's due for another dose of antibiotic before bed and then again first thing in the morning so hopefully by tomorrow afternoon he will be a lot better. Thanks again for your amazing support, words can't express how much it helped. Hopefully I'll have nothing but good news from here on out

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Fergus needs your positve thoughts....

Sarah, I hope Fergus is ok. Please keep us posted.

Good thoughts for your handsome boy.

wiscpayton is offline Senior Member

Good thoughts for that handsome man. Keep us posted.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Labmom2Sun is offline Senior Member

Poor Fergus. I hope it's something minor. Hang in there.

Laura, mom of Sundance, CGC
    born 1/16/06

Good thoughts for Fergus. Let us know what you find out at the vet.

4yelloweyedogs is offline Senior Member

Tons of positive thoughts for Fergus....... please let us know when you find something out.

Melissa
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

http://theyelloweyedog.weebly.com/

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

Oh wow...it really is unsettling when they are not themselves. Good thoughts and a prayer that Fergus is ok and this is nothing serious. Please update us when you can.

You've got them

theoconbrio is offline Senior Member

Oh, no. Lots of good thoughts for Fergus.

Kate3jays is offline Senior Member

Love and good thoughts that your beautiful boy is soon back to his old self-

"some days you are the dog, some days you are the tree!"
    Kate mom to Jed Jasmine and Joelly
    http://www.glosmerelabradors.co.uk/#

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast