The things we do for our labs

Thread: The things we do for our labs

DefaultThe things we do for our labs

Just a funny story to share about the lengths we'll go to our for "fur babies"....

Logan's just over 6 months old and we've never had a real problem with him in our yard off the leash - he loves to be by us so he generally sticks by our side, if he runs away all we have to do is show him a dog biscuit and say "come" and he hauls butt back over to us.

One Saturday morning I heard Logan rustling in his crate so I rolled out of bed and went to take him out to potty (our usual routine), I couldn't find his leash so I grabbed a handful of dog treats just in case (and for rewards) and opened the door for him to go out. He peed and pooped and then, for NO REASON WHATSOEVER ducked under our fence (about 3 ft off the ground clearing) and jetted across the neighbor's yard into the parking lot of a townhouse complex down the street. I FREAKED OUT and realizied the quickest way to get to him was to crawl under the fence myself after him....through the mud....in my pajamas. The whole time i'm screaming "COME LOGAN" and calling for DH (who is still asleep)

By the time I got to the parking lot he was running around happy as ALL HECK. I called "come" and showed him the treats, he ran towards me and tried to "fake out" at the last second but I grabbed him (tackled him) and carried all 52 pounds of him 2 blocks back to our house in my muddy pajamas. When I got him back upstairs DH rolled over and takes 1 look at me - muddy, dishevelled, hair and face dirty- and goes "What happened to YOU?!" I couldn't help but laugh as I retold him the story.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

JeffG is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: The things we do for our labs

Wow!!!

I'm glad you could laugh!! Because...I woulda been..well...just a tad mad!!

I bet that was a hilarious site to see though!

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

Visual cracked me up! They do some very unexpected stuff sometimes!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

Hee hee hee!! Thanks for the laugh!
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

JeffG - oh, I was mad! Haha, I left out the part of the story where I screamed at my husband to go watch the dog while I showered off all my mud and prayed that the neighbors wouldn't call the police about a "crazy woman running around their parking lot who jumped on top of a dog."

Gene Guest

LOL Great story! At least you don't sleep in the nude, now THAT would have been a story

georgie is offline Senior Member

I don't mean to laugh...but your story did crack me up. Been there in my p.j.'s chasing a lab in the neighborhood, but no mud though. It's a good thing they are so darn cute.

kassabella is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by georgie
    I don't mean to laugh...but your story did crack me up. Been there in my p.j.'s chasing a lab in the neighborhood, but no mud though. It's a good thing they are so darn cute.
    Same here. Crawling through holes in fences in night attire yelling. Why creep around when you can let the neighbours know your dog has done a runner. Meanwhile the man lays in bed oblivious to it all. ;D

Sorry we laughed.

Kassa 25/11/01 - 09/02/05 O.S Jaw cancer forever in my heart.
    Ernie 25/11/01 adopted May 05
    Sam 11? adopted Nov 06 - 18/12/07 Lyphoma
    Tessa. Rescued June 2011.
    Bone Cancer Dogs org.http://www.bonecancerdogs.org/
    http://kassabella.tripod.com/kassabella/
    http://collarsbychris.weebly.com/

patm is offline Senior Member

You must admit - you KNEW we'd be laughing as we read this story because it wasn't US that it happened to. Our doggies are like children - sometimes very naughty, but we'd run through the parking lot in our muddy jammies , screaming at them to get them back safely home.