Ty throwing up...worms? Questions! (Caution...gross pics)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ty throwing up...worms? Questions! (Caution...gross pics)

JeffG is offline Senior Member

DefaultTy throwing up...worms? Questions! (Caution...gross pics)

The other day, Ty went outside and threw up a little bit. It was after I had sprayed a little of that kong stuffin stuff on a new kong toy we gave him...so, I figured it was that and didn't give him anymore.

Just a few minutes ago...he was walking down the hall and started to throw up. His first throwup was mainly bile, but had some little rings in it. My first thought was worms. But I don't know...they weren't moving (don't even know if they do move)...so I took a picture before I cleaned it up. We probably are gonna take him to the vet unless you guys think its nothing. Upon close inspection, they definitely look something organic...as in, not eaten (like pieces of string or something.) He threw up a second time but it was just yellow bile and no more worm things. Sorry again for the nasty pic

(throw up pic.... :-X)

Image removed!!

Also...these are pics of his feet he's really been itching. Doesn't look normal obviously...think it could be just food? We're just finishing switching him from diamond nat. L&R to ProPlan L&R.

Poor fella...

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Ty throwing up...worms? Questions! (Caution...gross pics)

I think I would take him to the vet tomorrow. They can probably give something to clear the paws up and check for parasites to see if those are some kind of worm. If he throws up those string looking things again, might want to try and preserve them in a plastic bag and take the sample with you. Good luck and keep us posted.

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

I'd definitely take him to the vet. Better safe than sorry, right..?

and you are officially the first member that I know of to post barf pics. Impressive!!!
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo317
    I'd definitely take him to the vet. Better safe than sorry, right..?

and you are officially the first member that I know of to post barf pics. Impressive!!!
    YES!!! ;D

I knew i'd be famous for something on here..."OH yeah...ur the first one to post barf pics?"

Yeah I was a little apprehensive about posting barf pics...but, I know theres not a single lab owner on here that hasn't seen dog barf! At least you don't have to smell it!

Thanks for the advice. I think we'll go ahead and send him on to the vet tomorrow anyway. I'll keep you all posted.

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

Holding good thought and a prayer for him...will be looking for an update tomorrow!

Poor guy - I agree with PPs that while it definitely looks (to my layman eyes) like bits of yarn he chewed off of something, it's best to just bring him to the vet and be safe. I wonder if you could have the vet look at his paws and test for allergies? Can they do that for dogs like they do for humans?

Keep us posted!

P.S. I totally don't blame you for posting vomit pics, when you need answers you need answers, right? Haha.

RangerMom is offline Senior Member

It was hard to tell if they are worms or string-like stuff from the picture, although I'm leaning away from worms. It would be best to have the vet take a look. Sorry to hear about his paws. Hope you get some answers.

Blackie and Ranger ...............................Reggie: 1996-2010 "Fly Reggie Fly"

georgie is offline Senior Member

It's hard to tell from pictures, so I'm glad you are going to the vet tomorrow. Please let us know what he says. Poor Ty...hope he feels better soon. Since we all are lab lovers here & know their penchant for eating things....who knows what that might be. :

:-X Yes I must say I don't remember anyone ever posting throw up pictures!!! LOL

It is hard to tell if it is worms so have vet test for it. I know it is possible for them to
    throw worms up because Lilo did when she was pup and had them. Scared the living
    daylights out of me because when she threw up, up came these long strands and I
    kept thinking to myself "Where did she get into spaghetti at because I haven't made
    it in a while" LOL I bagged it up and took it to the vets with me so they could see
    it too. :P

Thanks all for the advice!

Lol..that is so gross...I should probably take it off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast