How Gross can it get????? Pretty darn

Thread: How Gross can it get????? Pretty darn

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

DefaultHow Gross can it get????? Pretty darn

gross. Last night I let the girls out to potty before bed. Twiggy did her thing and came right back in. Rush walked the yard briefly, did her thing and came in. Boo....Boo....bed time. No Boo. BOO!!! Bed time, time for your snack. No Boo, not a good sign. I figured she was walking the perimeter of the yard so I went and brushed my teeth and came back to let her in. Come on Boo!!! No Boo. Ok, I'm getting worried, a sick feeling in my stomach. I came in got a flashlight, put on my shoes, tied my bathrobe around me tight and went out. I looked around the yard and see Boo's eyeshine. Come on Boo, lets go see Daddy. Here she comes at a gallop, there hanging out of her mouth is a bunny. Not a big one, kinda on the smallish side, just swinging back and forth. Ok, now I am sick, I figured she killed a bunny, scared it to death. > She walks up to the back door and drops it, I let her in and look at the bunny. G-R-0-S-S!!!! From the top side of it, it looked fine but the underside showed she had gutted it. No entrails at all. *herk* I came in and told my husband (who was in his underwear getting ready to shower) that there was a dead rabbit on the back porch thanks to HIS dog. Who Boo he says? DUH. He asks me what I'M GOING TO DO WITH IT. ME. Uhhhh, why me??? Because I was the one who had the most clothing on at this time. : I go put on my rubber glove, go out the door and pick it up gingerly by it's back feet, and carry it to the fence. I tossed it over figuring that the poor little thing had already died, something out there might as well eat it and get nourishment from it. At least it's death won't be totally in vain. Man was I PI$$ED!!! I know she was just being a dog but damn, that was just plain gross and right before bed. I had dreams of it all night long. ewwwwwwww RIP little Bunny. Poor Bunnies, everything eats/kills them. :'(

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

georgie is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: How Gross can it get????? Pretty darn

Boos isn't the only one who kills bunnies. Abby has done it too. I am not sure if she shakes them & it breaks their little necks or that she just scares them to death. So far she hasn't eaten any, just prances with it in her mouth. :
    While I scream at her like a fool.

RIP little bunnies. :'(

Kate3jays is offline Senior Member

She did well to catch a bunny in the dark, sad but instinctive...RIP little bunny-

"some days you are the dog, some days you are the tree!"
    Kate mom to Jed Jasmine and Joelly
    http://www.glosmerelabradors.co.uk/#

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

labby is offline Senior Member

Dontcha just love dogs! And here we worry about whether or not we're feeding them the best dog foods. LOL

Laura

Lexis Mom is offline Senior Member

Run free sweet baby bunny!

Thank god *knocks wood* Lexi has never actually caught one of them little critters! She certainly gives them a good chase & likely scares the bejesus out of them, but thus far no catches.

My pretty girl, Lexi!

Silly question..could something else have killed and eaten the...insides..and Boo..just found the remaiins?
    Either way...YUCK! LOL..Jackie RIP poor bunny!

Gene Guest

LMAO ;D Great story. Good girl, Boo! Mom needs a little excitement before bed! RIP sweet little gutted bunny

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

HK brought us a baby bunny when HK was about 7 months old. She did good and dropped it on command. I did my best to check it out, it appeared to be fine. We found the nest/burrow, whatever its called and set it inside. There were three more there. As best we have been able to determine, it survived and has since movedon.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

Luckily for me Sammi is too much of a princess to kill anything! At least so far. It's a good thing because stuff like your story just gross me out! I'm glad she is a wuss !