The Dr I said I never wanted to see any of my dogs again was the one that saw her and told me it was nothing and would go away. It was like a bruise that got bumped and started bleeding and made a pocket of blood??
About a month ago I had a friend check it whos a vet tech and she didnt like the feel of it and thought I should get a second vet to check it out.
Well its been 10 weeks exact since she was seen by the vet and I am thinking I need to have it looked at. It dosnt feel the same any more and it has NOT gone away at all. It might have even gotten a little larger.
I am not sure if I am over reacting because I didnt like the vet that saw her or if I am right and it needs to be checked again..
I just dont know what to do.. I think for my sanity I will call but I have to wait till 1pm because no one knows anything during the lunch hour..
I think I would have it checked out just in case. Was it where she got a shot by any chance?
Mocha got a knot on her side about 3 days after getting her rabies it was close to the injection site. At first it was just a knot about 2" around but movable and it didn't bother her at all. That was on a monday when I noticed it by Wednesday it was the size of a baseball I called the Vet Tuesday morning and they told me to put a warm compress on it and it would go away well obviously it didn't. That vet was off Thursday when I took her in so I took her to the local Vet Hospital instead. They tried to drain it but it was full of bloody puss and they said it would just fill back up so they kept her overnight and had to drain it surgically and put a drain tube in. I was so upset and pissed at the original vet. I was in there a few months later to get her rabies tag (they didn't give it to me when she got the shot) and mentioned it to the vet he said "oh it would have went away on it's own" > It was the size of a baseball!!! no way I was going to just wait and see.
Sorry to hijack but I think it's better to error on the side of caution
it wasnt from a shot its on her belly/side area.. :-\
Kathryn, go with your gut. Call and make an appointment for asap.
Me, Abzilla and the Helomonster.
I would call and make an appointment. Better safe than sorry.
I called we have to be there by 440 tomorrow..
The girl answering the phone said she needed to be checked ASAP
I'm glad you made an appointment. Let us know what the vet says.
For your own peace of mind I would have it checked again by a different vet
Saying prayers that it is nothing serious. I'm glad you're getting it rechecked.
Eiderdowns That's My Buddy
CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
I am glad you are going, it will give you peace of mind. Sending good thoughts it is nothing serious.