Please remember Angel today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please remember Angel today

Joe Maringo is offline Senior Member

DefaultPlease remember Angel today

Many of you probably remember my friend Mary Jo, who lost her wonderful dog Barney around this time last year. Well, fate has come around and will take her beloved golden Angel today. Angel probably has ostiosarcoma and a very large lump on her chest. She is starting to be uncomfortable and has told Mary Jo the time has come.

This will tear MJ to pieces. Angel has benn like an extension of her being for the last 10 years. She has helped MJ through two knee replacments and a shoulder replacment. She is a therapy dog who lived to visit the seniors at the local home. It will be very hard for me as well because the Baby Girl was just like one of my own. There where people she would say hi to, but just 2 or 3 of us that she was truely extatic to see. I feel guilty that I was not able to visit more in the past few months, but it is about 120 miles round trip. The last few trips I made sure to bring her a nice quanity of grilled steak and chicken, and she really enjoyed it.

I have so many found memories of Angel. There have been many specila visits, but MJ and I both remember one in particular, and talk about it often. It was last year when I was visiting Barney for one of the last times. We where standing in her yard and Angel was just out wandering around. Mary Jo yelled "C'mon baby girl" and it was like a bolt of lightning. A flash of red and a smile on her face here came Angel, but she was not slowing down. Next thing I knew Mary Jo was in the air, then on the ground. Angel had plowed right through her legs and was sitting there with a smile as if to say, "here I am, what do you want?" I could not tell if MJ was laughing or crying. I was trying not to laugh because I thought she might have gotten hurt, but then she lifted her head and I saw her laughing. I fell over I was laughing so hard. We sat there a long time just trying to catch our breath.

Angel falling asleep in my arms at Christmas last year.

Godspeed Baby Girl. There are so many waiting to see you when you get there. Barnaree will be right at the front waiting to say hello, and even Kelsey will now be your best bud. Save us a spot, we will be there soon.

Bon nuit, mon petite chien

Southwest Pennsylvania Retriever Rescue Organization or S.P.A.R.R.O. and Shades Of Grey Senior Sanctuary
    A 501c3 Non Profit Organization.
    Plum, Pa.
    412-795-0163
    website www.sparro.org/

Saving one dog will not change the world But, surely, for that one dog the world will change forever!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

TobysTrix is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Please remember Angel today

Beautiful tribute, Joe, and I'm deeply saddened to hear the news. Angel, Mary Jo, and you will be held in my thoughts today.
    Toby and Chamois say: GO STEELERS!
    [[IMG][/IMG]

mollyrock is offline Senior Member

You and Mary Jo will be in my thoughts today.
    Angel is a beautiful soul.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

Run free, Angel! What a wonderful name for a dog that has given so much to her family and others.

For the peeps remaining behind, nothing can ease your sorrow other than knowing that you gave her what you could, took care of her, and that she had a good life.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

Godspeed sweet Angel

Please extend my condolences to Mary Jo for me Joe

Run free Angel.

You and Mary Jo will be in my thoughts today.

pj

oh what a sweet girl!

my heart goes out to you and Mary Jo, you are in my thoughts!

run free sweet Angel!

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

Godspeed Angel.

budbud is offline Senior Member

Gene Guest

Run free sweet Angel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast