Registration ?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Registration ?

Callaway is offline Senior Member

DefaultRegistration ?

I didnt register Bogey for the fact that he is not going to be breed or shown. But do I need to? I mean when it comes down to it, its just a piece of paper right? Just curious to hear your thoughts. Do all of you have your dogs registered? And if you do and hes just a companion to you, why?

Courtney, Bogey and Calli

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Registration ?

Hershey Kisses is coming up on her first birthday and I guess I have to make this decision also. I am curious what the forum members think.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

TangerineFizz is offline Senior Member

I have Abby registered mainly for selfish reasons. If my SU and I ever broke up, then it's just one more piece of paper proving ownership....

Plus, she came that way from our breeder =)
    Me, Abzilla and the Helomonster.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Why not register? It's a history of your dog. Who knows, down the road you might get interested in doing agility, rally or other fun stuff with them. I never understood why people go through all the trouble to get a purebred dog when they aren't going to register them. If that were the case, then maybe they should have rescued a dog from the pound or rescue. What is it, $20 to register a dog? Not that much, IMO. What if your dog were to develop some serious health issues? You might want to know the bloodline to possibly avoid those issues in the future when considering another dog.

I agree with kiddsmom, why not. Potential future benefits worth the $20, besides, you get to create a fancy smancy registration name and we all like to help with that. ;D

Callaway is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dukesdad
    I agree with kiddsmom, why not. Potential future benefits worth the $20, besides, you get to create a fancy smancy registration name and we all like to help with that. ;D

Good because I have thought about it since I brought him home and I cant think of a good one! I think thats the main reason I never got around to it! And I am interested in agility, the place Im taking him for obedience has all those fun things there, but I didnt know he needed to be registered to do that.

Courtney, Bogey and Calli

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

The $20 is probably cheaper (and alot easier) than doing the ILP later. And yes, if you want to do agility, I'd definitely get him registered! AKC sometimes sends some nice info packets too. -Anne

WindyCanyon Girls, August 2014

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

Baloo is registered. Mostly 'cause he came that way. ;D

But also, I really want to compete with him, and for many of those avenues he needs to be registered.

You never know, once you start taking obedience classes, you may get bit by the bug too, and want to compete one day...
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

With the AKC, induviduals are free to decide one way or another, with the CKC breeders are REQUIRED to register all puppies eligible for registration.

With the AKC increasing fees etc, I would think that they would do the most obvious thing, and require all breeders to register all puppies, that way, they have the $$$ from registrations, and not thousands of registrations not being sent in because owners don't see the point.

Your dogs are purebred, why not send it in? It helps give accurate information regarding registration numbers to the registering body.

I cant think of a good one!
    As a courtesy, and for recognition, it is a general rule to begin with the name of the kennel that bred your dog. Then I always next add the name of the state. Then you can add the dogs name:
    For example, "Wedgewood's Colorado Bogey".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast