Pitt kills another dog while being boarded together

Thread: Pitt kills another dog while being boarded together

JeffG is offline Senior Member

DefaultPitt kills another dog while being boarded together

Sorry if its posted already, makes me scared to ever board my dogs if I need to...

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont....4336be46.html

After leaving their dog in the hands of a kennel over the Thanksgiving holiday, a Corinth couple discovered their pet was mauled to death by another dog.

"Maggie," a small pit bull, killed "Jax," a chow-border collie mix, while they were both boarded at a Lake Dallas kennel.

Canine Academy's owner, Paula Davis, said the two dogs had been placed together for four days without incident before the attack happened.

"I do care about these guys and I do the very best I can," she said through tears. "...Maggie had no violent tendencies."

Maggie and Jax were about the same size.

Jax's owners said they were disturbed to discover the dog was placed with a pit bull.

"Jax" was mauled be a dog while staying at a kennel over the holiday. "If I had known there were pit bulls on the premises, I never would have boarded him there," said Demetria Tricomi, Jax's owner.

Tricomi had also left "Mo," a minature Doberman, at the kennel and it is suspected that he likely witnessed the mauling.

"And to think he was most likely left tortured and there for hours, yeah, I'm mad," Tricomi said. "I'm upset."

Another owner, Dallas Hale, said his dog lost an eye last year while being boarded at the same kennel.

WFAA-TV
    The kennel owner said "Maggie" (pictured) is an affectionate dog that showed no violent tendencies before the attack. "She wasn't bleeding from the eye; her eye was gouged out," he said.

The pet owners said while they don't necessarily want Canine Academy shut down, they have hired an attorney and said they want to change state law so that kennel owners require licenses and regulatory control.

"[A] scratch, okay," Tricomi said. "But mauled to death and left unattended, not okay."

Davis said she is remorseful over the loss of Jax, but has all clients sign waivers acknowledging that dogs may injure one another.

"They're dogs and you can attribute it to that," she said.

For now, Davis plans to keep boarding pets and has about a dozen dogs still in her care.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

kaytris is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Pitt kills another dog while being boarded together

Regardless of the breed, a kennel should NEVER double up two strange dogs in the same run. STUPID. and there were THREE in that run? Gotta love the almighty buck overriding common sense.

Poor Maggie.

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by kaytris
    Regardless of the breed, a kennel should NEVER double up two strange dogs in the same run. STUPID. and there were THREE in that run? Gotta love the almighty buck overriding common sense.

Poor Maggie.
    Ditto. Way to blame the Pit for the kennel owners stupidity and ignorance. Gotta love the media. : >

Unbelievable.
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

momofalab is offline Senior Member

I agree, this could of been any breed. Pitts get a bad rap. I would never board my dog where they are going to put more than my own dog in a cage.

-Shannon