My Girl Is Growing Up!

Thread: My Girl Is Growing Up!

bebopalula is offline Senior Member

DefaultMy Girl Is Growing Up!

Breezy will be a year old tomorrow! I can't believe how fast that time went. We brought her home at 8 weeks old and I have fallen more in love with her every day. This past Sunday she started her first heat. Each day I am seeing a little more blood. My girl is growing up! We are not planning on breeding her and will definetly be getting her spayed. I spoke with the breeder yesterday, as she wanted to know when Breezy had her first heat. Her advice was to let her go through one heat, as she said it would be better for her in several ways. She advised having her spayed around February. I have always listened to her advice. So that is what I'll do; wait until February. Wondering what you guys/gals think? I am super-cautious right now when we are outside. Our walks are close to home and I don't think I'll be bringing her down to the beach until this is over. We'll stick to the backyard. I'm just curious as to what you folks do/have done regarding when you had your girl spayed? Thanks in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

TobysTrix is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: My Girl Is Growing Up!

I'm not much help in the spay advice department - Chamois came from a rescue organization and so had to be spayed immediately as part of the adoption agreement. She didn't go through a heat cycle.

But early happy birthday, Breezy! I hope your Mom posts pictures on your special day.
    Toby and Chamois say: GO STEELERS!
    [[IMG][/IMG]

Happy Birthday Breezy!!
    Jackie

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

Happy Birthday Breezy. My girls were spayed before the first heat. There were no problems with recovery. Sometimes it was hard to keep them down for recovery.