Not drinking water

Thread: Not drinking water

Karolyn is offline Senior Member

DefaultNot drinking water

Anyone's dog ever stop drinking water after having a bit of diarehea? Harlee usually has 3 bowls a day and now I can barely get her to drink. She was at the vet and the vet is not concerned as she get on wet food at the moment and she has drank a bit. I just can't figure out why she is not drinking like normal?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Not drinking water

To me, three bowls a day is a lot of water.

What size bowls? My guys usually drink after eating, after a romp of play and maybe after a treat. I've noticed they don't drink all day when I am at work and then slurp, slurp, slurp when I walk in the door. Tonight I even yelled "THAT'S ENOUGH"!
    What did the vet say is wrong with her and why is she having the runs? I must have missed that post.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Shes still quite small so she is not using a large size bowl in response to the 3 bowls is a lot. She has gone from a noticeable amount (has had all bloodwork done in the past) so it was fine to barely drinking. This has suddenly stopped, as I stated she stopped on Sunday. The vet thinks she might have a kidney infection because yesterday she was urinating blood and had diarrhea on the weekend.

I would get her to a vet ASAP....you don't want her to get dehydrated.
    Patti

The vet thinks she might have a kidney infection because yesterday she was urinating blood and had diarrhea on the weekend.
    Did you take her in? If not, she needs to be seen ASAP.

bump
    any news?

Hi Lab Friend

Thanks for the concern, I really truly appreciate it.

Harlee was back to the vet, the vet still says she is not concerned that she is obviously not thirsty or has suddenly stopped wanting water for whatever reason. She says as long as she is eating and playing not to worry, if that changes to call her. I am making her drink by adding broth at the moment (this she will drink without any issues) I just dont understand why she wont drink water, I dont want to have to feed her broth for the rest of her life???!! I really don't understand what is going on with her, she is peeing normally again and her stool has firmed up..If i could now only get her to drink.