Why does he do this?

Thread: Why does he do this?

Tater Tot Guest

DefaultWhy does he do this?

Ok so Tater has two bowls one for water and the other for food. He had hard plastic no skid bowls when he was a puppy. Well those didnt last long when he learned to flip them over and chew on them. Well about a year ago I got him the stainless steel bowls from Target thinking he can not chew on them and would leave them alone and not carry them to us sitting in the livingroom.

Well I was wrong, he plays with these more. After he is done eating he will bring us his bowl and drop it at our feet. Or he will run around with it. Then when he is done with his water, he will bring that bowl to us.

Why does he do this? Is he telling me more please? Or is he showing off? Or does he just like to make a mess?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dawson Creek Girl is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Why does he do this?

Ummm, I dunno. Rowan has the stainless steel ones with the rubber lip on the bottom. I have them inbetween a wall and the fridge. She has never picked them up and run around with them.
    •*´¯`*•.¸¸.•Patti•*´¯`*•.¸¸.•

He might just be bored. Can't tell you for sure.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tater Tot Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BillieIsMyKid
    He might just be bored. Can't tell you for sure.
    I dont think it is being bored. Its just funny. I dont know if he wants MORE attention (what an attention whore ;D) Or what. He picks them up and takes them to our friends when they are over. I have to put them on top of the fridge to keep him from running around with them.

My new pup does this too!!! And it is SO ANNOYING cause there is constantly water on the kitchen floor! Also, we can't leave water out for either dog cause it undoubtedly gets dumped.

Does anyone have any suggestions for preventing this dumpage? We have tried to tell him No! when we see him doing it, but it's just not helping.

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

HK did the same thing with steel bowls. I think she was just playing with it and liked to make noise, like she does with anything else she can find. Anyway, the noise from the steel bowl sliding on the floor and clanging into everything finally got to us. I went out and bought her a heavy ceramic bowl for her food. She leaves this one where we put it. Her water is one of those 3 gallon inverted jugs into a plastic bowl. I don't think she can move that unless it need to be refilled.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

HK did the same thing with steel bowls. I think she was just playing with it and liked to make noise, like she does with anything else she can find. Anyway, the noise from the steel bowl sliding on the floor and clanging into everything finally got to us. I went out and bought her a heavy ceramic bowl for her food. She leaves this one where we put it. Her water is one of those 3 gallon inverted jugs into a plastic bowl. I don't think she can move that unless it need to be refilled.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

KLM

Jake likes to put a ball in his bowl then pick up the bowl and prance around with it until the ball falls out. Then he runs after and pounces on the ball then puts it back in the bowl and starts over again. He's all the time making up little games like that.

Lucky.N.Lucy Guest

Lucky would drop his bowl upside down on the floor and scoot it around like a hockey puck. He eats in his crate now, so no more.