Serious training help needed (jk)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Serious training help needed (jk)

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

DefaultSerious training help needed (jk)

I need some help here folks. HK has this thing for DWs possessions. She has already destroyed 5 pairs of her shoes. DW has learned to pick them up finally. A bra has been redesigned into a multi-piece work of art. DW does not leave anything on bathroom sink counter now. Laundry room door finally is closed upon every exit since redistribution of laundry (clean and otherwise) throughout house was just taking too much time to straighten out. But last night, DW was complaining she couldn't find her leather coat. Asked if she left it in my car. I went out to check, and found the remains on the floor of the back seat. (I should have known something was up on Sunday when HK did not sleep on the front seat on the way home from the DP.) I take HK to the DP in my car. Poor HK is being threatened with all kinds of evil actions for destroying DWs stuff. How do I train her (DW) to put her stuff out of reach. Its getting expensive.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Lexis Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Serious training help needed (jk)

Endofile,

I wish I had some suggestions for you, but I don't. Most people would have quickly learned to pick up their stuff after just a few things getting chewed up.

My pretty girl, Lexi!

GulfCoast is offline Senior Member

I suppose DW would not consent to wear an e-collar! Thankfully, mine have always stopped chewing stuff other than rawhide bones and socks at about 1 year....(knock on wood....)
    HRCH Ellie Mae MH CGC
    Tipsy Puppy
    Justlabradors.com -- the best site for your Labrador needs.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee311/EllieMaeDogg/2108207141_f7321f204b.jpg

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by GulfCoast
    I suppose DW would not consent to wear an e-collar! Thankfully, mine have always stopped chewing stuff other than rawhide bones and socks at about 1 year....(knock on wood....)
    ONLY TWO MONTHS TO GO?????
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by GulfCoast
    Forgot! I like the eCollar idea. I am going to be in big trouble if she ever sees this.

fburke is offline Senior Member

sounds like my house. if its left out in the open it gets destroyed i don't blame the dog i blame the person who left it where it doesn't belong.

My hubby never learned when Zoe was a puppy; not even after she chewed a pair of his winged tip shoes!

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

Hee hee, My mom puppysat Peanut when she was little and Peanut chewed up her best bra and a pair of $200 leather shoes. She brings it up at family functions to this day. Makes her really mad when I just shrug and say "shouldn't have left it out". ;D
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

labby is offline Senior Member

Easy, quit replacing them.

Laura

Merlot_1 Guest

LMAO I have been in your shoes SO many times. After 3 cell phones, two pairs of eye glasses, one camera, a dozen bras and panties, two pair of shoes, a pair of pajamas, and more TV remotes then you an count on both hands.....she is finally started to pick things up, or at least out of reach! lol,lol,lol!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast