Allow me to introduce...(LOTS of coming home pictures)
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Allow me to introduce...(LOTS of coming home pictures)

JeffG is offline Senior Member

DefaultAllow me to introduce...(LOTS of coming home pictures)

Macie! ;D

Brought her home from the breeders on Saturday. Poor girl...see, the breeders live in a mountainous area of Oklahoma...so, the drive home made her stomach a little upset! So, she decided to show us what she had for lunch (luckily it was in her crate...not luckily it was the soft crate! :-X)

Anyway, she's gorgeous...such a shiny and soft coat. The sweetest temperment! We were trying to decide between her and her sister...her sister was a real lovebug. She'd walk up and just collapse into a ragdoll at your feet for a bellyrub. Macie would run around and greet people and was into stuff. The breeder said she was her favorite of the ones that were left. Macie was definitely the most attractive one. Her head and body were built better (in my totally unprofessional opinion). And she was noticably smaller than her sister. We wanted a puppy with enough playfulness for Ty..so we chose her.

She did great on the ride home (except a bowel movement about 15 minutes into the ride...luckily it was on the blanket in her crate!). But then about 10 minutes later she threw up in her crate (very winding roads getting out of that part of OK). So she spent the rest of the trip in our laps sleeping...she was rather scared in the crate.

We thought she'd be VERY mischievious...but she's not really. She knows what "No!" and "Stop!" mean...and she's even starting to respond to her new name. Her and Ty hit it off. Of course, Ty was VVEEEERRRRRYYYY excited at first. So we really had to work with him to calm down. He just wanted to run and play. (sidenote...can they get a little too aggressive playing? Ty loves to be chased and they kinda bark and growl while they get close to each other while chasing...I'm pretty sure its all play right?) There was a small incident, we don't know if it was just Ty's excitedness or aggression but giving them water (I wasn't in there..wife was) she said Ty kinda jumped down crouched and let out a couple of different kinds of barks/growls.

I was just guessing it was still excitement. Anyhow, we are feeding them separately for right now. Her, in her crate. As far as potty training..she didn't go that much when we got home. FINALLY she did yesterday. She's had a few accidents in the house...but we're hoping to have that taken care of soon. She's getting used to the crate. We have a palette next to her crate in the floor. She whines til someone lays down next to her then she'll fall asleep.

Anyway..she is just the sweetest thing. Loves people...trots up to you and hops onto you to give you kisses. Yesterday afternoon...all 3 dogs (Ty, Chloe (mom's dog), and Macie) and me taking afternoon naps. About 30 min later I was woken up by macie trying to get on the couch...I helped her up and she promptly laid down and went to sleep inbetween my legs and her head on my inner thigh! ;D

I'm sure i'll have different questions for you guys as the days go past...this is our first time having two dogs in the house (besides my mom's little maltese for a few days). Enough of all the talk..here are some pictures!

These pics are from the breeder...

Her and her sister

Relaxing with her big brother

Notice who took over the bed!

Playin with Ty

So sleepy!

The new family (notice her face...so silly!)

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lablover is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Allow me to introduce...(LOTS of coming home pictures)

Congratulations on the new addition! She looks like a doll. Love the family picture!!!

Katies Mom is offline Senior Member

OMG I AM IN LOVE! Maybe that is what Katie looked like as a pup. Congratulations on getting such a cutey.

LOVE THE ELVIS LIP!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

I see nothing but fun and excitement for the next few weeks, months, years. Congrats to all of you! Ty, you are looking great. Macie, what a cutie pie.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

She's gorgeous..lotsa good luck and happy years with her. How old is she now? She really is adorable.
    Jackie

Tanya is offline Senior Member

oh my gosh! how sweet

congrats!
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

Samson is offline Senior Member

She's gorgeous

Beachboys is offline Senior Member

OMG, she is to cute. I am glad you went and got her. You could grabbed the other for me..lol She is a doll and I am glad she is happy with her new brother.

Please post lots and lots of pictures.

Welcome Macie! :-* She is beautiful. I love the pic of her sleeping on the floor.

Kate3jays is offline Senior Member

Macie is gorgeous, such a sweetheart, i love the one of her flaked out on the tiles-

"some days you are the dog, some days you are the tree!"
    Kate mom to Jed Jasmine and Joelly
    http://www.glosmerelabradors.co.uk/#

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast