The Mess Pot and The Wizard of Oz
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Mess Pot and The Wizard of Oz

zgirls is offline Senior Member

DefaultThe Mess Pot and The Wizard of Oz

Last night we watched one of my favorite movies, The Wizard of Oz. Zeb aka The Mess Pot was enthralled with Toto. Everytime Toto came on the screen, he sat up and intently watched his every move. You should have seen him stand up and put his face in the TV when Miss Gulch took Toto away. We laughed all night at his antics. My husband kept telling him that he was more like the Cowardly Lion. Boy, did we pay for that remark. Three times during the night while we slept he sat up at the foot of the bed and barked loudly at all sorts of 'intruders.'

My husband says it is no wonder it is one of my favorite movies......all about a girl and her dog......
    Lee
    Mother of Zoe Mae and Zeb AKA The Mess Pot

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lablover is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: The Mess Pot and The Wizard of Oz

Fudge loves to watch TV also. It is go to see a post from you Lee. In O&E they have missed you.

mollyrock is offline Senior Member

I started watching it last night too...I caught the middle of it Saturday night. I just love Toto.
    Cricket is so much like Toto in movements, expressions. She watches Toto intently.

I watched the beginning last night. I am such a mush, I started crying when Miss Gulch comes to take Toto to be destroyed...
    Doesn't matter how many times I see it, I always cry in the same places.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dukesmom is a huge Wizard of Oz fan also. Years ago I created a book for her from scenes in the movie, adding her to the cast. For fun I also substituted my then black Lab Jake in place of Toto. There is one scene included of Miss Gulch trying to take Toto. You can see some of the scenes here:
    http://home.flash.net/~jdebess/Oz/oz.htm

TobysTrix is offline Senior Member

Not sure about Toto (haven't watched the movie in a long time), but the other night we watched the second Pirates of the Carribean and Toby was very interested in the scenes with the dog (early on, the beach with the canibals who are getting ready to eat Jack Sparrow). Pretty much any time there is a dog on the TV, Toby perks up. When the dog show was broadcast, I thought we'd never get all the noseprints off the TV screen!
    Toby and Chamois say: GO STEELERS!
    [[IMG][/IMG]

Way to get Dad back, Zeb!!

that movie is a favorite in this house also... Aidan is our only TV watching Lab though lol

k8show is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dukesdad
    Dukesmom is a huge Wizard of Oz fan also. Years ago I created a book for her from scenes in the movie, adding her to the cast. For fun I also substituted my then black Lab Jake in place of Toto. There is one scene included of Miss Gulch trying to take Toto. You can see some of the scenes here:
    That is so funny!
    Katie and Boo

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by K8Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukesdad

That is so funny!
    Didn't watch the movie, but when a dog show is on AP barking, or one of your videos in on my computer and the dog barks, HK is in front of the TV of on my lap at the computer watching intently. I think she is trying to figure out how to get to the dogs on the screen.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

Hehe Zeb man you are so silly!!!!

Molly watches TV as well, it's so funny Abby on the other hand could care less, unless a dog bark then she goes beserk.
    *Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)

pbc
    pbc is offline Senior Member

Zeb man once a Mess Pot Always a Mess Pot. And guard dog extraordinaire.
    Guest poster - original forum July 2001. Member 2002. nbsc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast