Pete had a good day...

Thread: Pete had a good day...

DefaultPete had a good day...

He didn't go to the dog park. He went to TWO dog parks!!

I decided to venture out and check out some of the dog parks further away. The first one was awesome. It was about 45 minutes away, which sucks, but it was well worth the drive. Pete still isn't into playing with the dogs, but he socialized much better then his last two visits. He did meet a few labs, which was nice.

*Pete is the one with the black/blue collar...

After dad did some running around we went to the next dog park. The name of it is wiggly field, which is a great name. I wasn't impressed with this place tho. First, the address they list is NOT where you enter the park. It took me way too long to get in the place. The thing that bugged me most was they didn't provide water. At all. And there was only one trash can in the entire area. Maybe it's just me, but I think those two things took away from the place. The fire hydrants were cool tho...

After this park I took him to petsmart for some pig ears. Quite a day for the little boy.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Kate3jays is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Pete had a good day...

what a great day out, looks like Pete had a good time-

"some days you are the dog, some days you are the tree!"
    Kate mom to Jed Jasmine and Joelly
    http://www.glosmerelabradors.co.uk/#

eklind51 is offline Senior Member

glad pete had a good time.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

georgie is offline Senior Member

Those look like wonderful dog parks. Looks like Pete had a great day.

There was one stupid guy at the second park. I heard the very familiar sound food hitting a stainless steal bowl, and sure enough he was feeding his dog around 30 dogs. And Pete just happened to be the closest dog to him and went straight for it. Luckily he immediatly came when I called him. That's when I knew it was time to go.

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

I am glad to see you got out and found some more places for Pete to have a good time.

Water! Not sure what the situation is in warmer climates, but if there is no river, lake, or pond, there is no water. I haven't seen plumbing at one yet. I generally take a gallon jug of water with me to the parks that don't have water. People have peft many water dishes at them over the years. I just fill one of them when I feel HK needs some water, and empty whatever I have left into one when I leave. Others do the same.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

Interesting. The other two dog parks I've been to both had water. I really assumed it was standard. I usually have water on hand anyway.

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

Do not know if this is there reason or not, but we are in MN. Pipes would have to be drained fro winter every year. And these parks are pretty rural. No homes across the street.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

Well some counties have more money to maintain parks, I'm sure. Funny thing about the one without the water is it's in a really nice area. But besides the lack of water, this park needed some serious work. The roads were horrible. HUGE pot holes, and basically one path down the middle of the road cause the sides were worn away. You can't tell from the pic, but no one wanted to drive on the sides cause of how bad it was.

With as many soccer fields they had, which were full of games today, it's unfortunate the park was in the shape it was.