I think she is some unique girl, but she is my girl
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I think she is some unique girl, but she is my girl

DefaultI think she is some unique girl, but she is my girl

"I'm gonna take you for a walk Mom" that is what Bunny may say before she grabs my hand with her mouth and walks around or away with it. She also does it to a friend of ours and every now and then to hubby. Does any of your labs do this... she has what in my opinion are weird habits.

She doesnt like belly rubs which I assume is because she tries to be alpha. The other day she was asleep with her tummy up, so I started giving her tummy rubs and she kept on getting up and checking her tummy to make sure everything was good there, probably thinking that I was crazy for touching the tummy if everything was in order there. ;D

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: I think she is some unique girl, but she is my girl

Scotty never tried to actually take any part of my body or clothes in an effort to persuade me to go for a walk. He usually would lie down by the door or just stalk me if he needs to go out. They are all so unique in their ways.

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

It's fun to read all about labs on JL to see similarities and differences in behavior. More pictures of Bear and Bunny, please.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Merlot_1 Guest

That's cute! All our labs are unique. Merlot grabs the door nob with his mouth when it's walk time. Zoey stands by the door, hops up and down like a rabbit and whines.

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

Tal will come up to me and dance around and give a little high pitched hhmmm. And id I say ride, I better have the car keys in hand...

blackjack is offline Senior Member

When BJ wants my attention he sits directly in front of me and barks once - only he know I don't really like being barked at so he makes the motions of barking but no sound - it's the cutest thing. So I will tell him to get a toy and if he looks to the sides but doesn't move I ask if he needs to go potty and he runs for the back door (followed by a swirling mass of beagle).

Rusty, Blaze & Buster Brown
    BJ - 3/9/2007 - 2/6/12 - miss you everyday
    Boomer - ? - 3/15/12 - always in my heart

zoesmom is offline Senior Member

Zoe just lays around the house and doesn't "ask". Sometimes if she gets antsy, she'll go on her side and move her legs around.

As for belly rubs, she wasn't into them until she turned 2, I believe. Now, if I say "rigor mortis" she'll go on her back and wait for her tummy rubs. Maybe it'll come in time for Bunny too.
    Linda and Zoë, the Umlaut
    Honolulu, Hawaii

[

I forgot to mention that Bunny isnt asking for walks... she just gets so happy out of nothing that she wants to walk me around the house. Sometimes when my friend comes over she walks her around, its only certain people she likes to walk...then again she has always been too mouthy.

Will post pics soon, I cant believe Bunny pasted her 1 year with me and Bear tolerates her so much and I even think Bear loves her and needs her every now and then. We have a foster lab (stray already adopted but cant be taken yet, so he's been here for over a month already) and Bunny likes to play with him and Bear makes faces and some times tries to take her away from him.

hark67 is offline Senior Member

My last labby Huckle liked to walk me around like that....usually when I would get home from work. He would grab my hand when I got out of the car and run me to the back door and into the house. God, I miss him so much. Now I am all teary eyed thinkng of it. He never was into belly rubs either.

Looking forward to some updated pictures of the gang.

P.S. That cake siggy is making me hungry!

kassabella is offline Senior Member

I love it that so many of our Labs have similar habits.
    Kassa did. She would also pull my clothes. If those things didn't work she would get her lead and hold my hand.

Megan I miss Kassy too. The memories are there for us to treasure.
    Hugs.

Kassa 25/11/01 - 09/02/05 O.S Jaw cancer forever in my heart.
    Ernie 25/11/01 adopted May 05
    Sam 11? adopted Nov 06 - 18/12/07 Lyphoma
    Tessa. Rescued June 2011.
    Bone Cancer Dogs org.http://www.bonecancerdogs.org/
    http://kassabella.tripod.com/kassabella/
    http://collarsbychris.weebly.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast