What do you know about Orijen?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you know about Orijen?

lablimo is offline Senior Member

DefaultWhat do you know about Orijen?

Good afternoon JL'ers!

A new, privately owned, pet store opened up in town a few months ago. I was in the area, so I stopped in. The owners seemed very nice. Anyway, I got to talking with her about dog foods and how I was having a problem with Haylee's anal glands needing to be expressed every 2-3 weeks. She asked about her food and mentioned, before I told her what I was feeding her, that Eagle Pack was known for producing soft stools. I told her that is what I was feeding her and had been for many years. She said told me that I may want to try a grain free food and recommended Nature's Variety or Orijen. I purchased a small bag of Origen. When I got home and put the bag down, Haylee was all over the bag, sniffing and make all sorts of little noises. So, I opened the bag and gave her a few pieces of the kibble. She really went nuts over it and is still bugging me for more .

So, what do you guys know about Orijen? She gave me a phamphlet and I read up on it -- it seems like really good food. Any thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tanya is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: What do you know about Orijen?

there are MANY MANY MANY threads on Orijen in the Lab Health and Nutrition section

Some have have success with Orijen, others not so much. Seems to depend on the dog. So far so good for Rocky and I - just having small problems figuring out how much (he's gained 3-4 pounds) to feed.

If you are familiar with the Search function just use that
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

Regarding how much to feed and some of the higher quality foods. My vet told me that if you have been feeding your dog the same food for some time and have the desired weight established. When switching foods to adjust amount such that you are feeding the same calorie count as a starting point.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Thanks so much for your feedback. I was told to feed less of this food once she is transitioned over. We'll see how she does on it. I'm will transition very slow. I'll do a search like you suggested. I appreciate the feedback.

Tanya is offline Senior Member

Rocky was eating 4 cups of Performatrin ultra and is down to 3 cups (a day) on Orijen and i'm still tweaking. You feed less of Orijen as there are fewer fillers.

It says on the bag how much to feed. It depends on your dog's activity level and, as always, their system.
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

My 2 and a half year old minpin is doing GREAT on it. MY 8 month old lab pup couldn't handle it at all. :-\ I agree that it very much depends on the dog.

I really like the food though. I like that they provide the info about where their ingredients are coming from, and the fact that it's made in Canada.

I hope it works well for your girl!
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

Yuna is offline Senior Member

I know that I love it!
    <br />Windanna&#039;s Fairy Floss

Thanks! I know each dog does differently on foods, so we'll see how it goes!! I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Dawson Creek Girl is offline Senior Member

Well, it is MADE IN CANDA!! ;D ;D ;D

It has NO fillers in it. It is a great quality food and Rowan loves it. She is on the Fish Formula.

Oh, did I say.. It is Made in Canada??? ;D ;D ;D ;D
    •*´¯`*•.¸¸.•Patti•*´¯`*•.¸¸.•

TangerineFizz is offline Senior Member

We love it here! If you do feed it, make sure to add water to aid in the process of breaking down the food - it's helped any and all poop issues we had here. My two are doing well on it.
    Me, Abzilla and the Helomonster.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast