Water Once a Day

Thread: Water Once a Day

112deadpool is offline Senior Member

DefaultWater Once a Day

Okay, Pi has this thing where he will only drink water once a day. He'll drink the whole bowl empty, if we fill it he's not interested. Anyone else's lab weird like this about water.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Water Once a Day

(Hi Jason!)

Henry is weird about water too. If we've been out running/retrieving, the first thing he'll do is go to his water bowl and drink. Not lots, but some. But if not, he usually doesn't have a drink until the evening. :

I get paranoid that he's dehydrating, so I sneak water into his food bowl whenever he eats.

Tanya is offline Senior Member

Rocky doesn't drink often either (though more than once) and drinks the entire bowl (which is big) at once - I often make him stop to breath and to not fill up his stomach too fast!
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

I'm anal about Baloo's water intake ever since the UTI incident. :-\

I add quite a bit to his food at mealtimes. Enough so that it's not quite floating, but almost.

I never let him drink a lot at once. Being a "horseperson", I know that taking in large amounts of water at a time can be detrimental to them (horses) especially after exercise. I've never seen any research done involving dogs, but I guess old habits just die hard. :-\ :P
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

I have the opposite problem...Cinnamon drinks more than the average dog....she must go through a gallon and a half a day. As we fill her dish out of a one gallon jug it is easy to judge. We figure because it is hot here she just learned to drink a lot.

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

Tal usually goes thru about 3 bowls a day. Sometimes 4. So I don't worry too much about his not getting enough water.

Hmmm...I think that is just Pi's way of saying he wants to come and play with Rhys and Ruby, yeah, thats it!

Riley and my two 9 pound cats share a water dish (which is very cute when two or more drink at the same time) and they go through probably around a gallon or a little less a day, depending on what Riley does for exercise. Of course, if I could mop up the water that's left behind on the floor AFTER a visit to the water dish by Riley and measure that, the amount they actually drank would probably be substantially less.

eklind51 is offline Senior Member

we have a 48 oz stainless steel non tip water dish and with just ginger drinking i had to only fill it once a day. but recently the two cats have started drinking from it as well as phoebe. i was going to buy just a bigger dish but then i don't think the cats could drink from it (looked tall). so now we 2 48 oz dishes that i fill.