Just Labradors banner

Afternoon at the Park - A True Tail

476 views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  kassabella 
#1 ·
While playing fetchat the park there was a lady walking a small dog (couldn't tell what breed or mix it might have been) on leash on the sidewalk nearby. She stopped to let hers go potty. They couldn't have been more than maybe 20 yards away. Tal was retrieving his ball and there was a timr he would dart over to play with the dog. Well, he stopped and looked at them, then looked at me. I gave him the come signal. He looked at them again and came right to me. Tail wagging about 1000 mph.

We were playing this game...he has his ball in his mouth and I act like I am gonna take it...he nudged me with his nose...a game of chase ensues. He give the play bow...play growls....hackles up and has a grand old time. Well this man said you're dog is gonna bite you ::) I just sighed to myself and thanked him for his "advice".

While there there was a lady riding by in a bicycle about 10 feet from where we were. There are two sidewalks that cross thru the park. I thought oh no..she is toast. Tal started to run towards her..I had to call him twice but he came. I didn't have any treats but lots of "good boy" and a butt scratch seemed to do the trick reinforcing his coming to me when called ;)

Finally on the walk home there is a house that has two Pit Bulls. They are indoor dogs and I see the folks out with them as we walk to and from the park. Their yard is fenced but something tells me those dogs are big teddy bears. They were looking out their door, saw Tal and their tails were just wagging. I think they really wanted to play.

Now we are all curled up in my chair...which is why I am on here instead of watching TV. lol

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.