Do stainless steel bowls normally crack?!?!

Thread: Do stainless steel bowls normally crack?!?!

DefaultDo stainless steel bowls normally crack?!?!

Jonah has a stainless steel Durapet (supposedly lifetime guarantee) bowl that has a rubber bottom. Early this morning I heard a loud clang (like someone had banged something metal one sharp time). I immediately got up, everyone else was still sleeping, Jonah was in his kennel. It appears the bowl "self destructed" :-\ (don't know how, I wouldn't be surprised if there was some type of temperature change, like from freezing cold to hot or vice versa, but this seemed to happen out of the blue; it was a balmy 69 degrees outside, 76 inside, no ac/heat involved). It now has a split in the top part of it. I am positive no one dropped it (it still had water in it from last night, no water on floor).

Okay, has anyone else had their bowl split? Am I really just going crazy? Do the stainless usually last longer than that (we've been using it for 3 months)? I do wash it in the d/w once a week. The food bowl (same brand, just smaller) gets washed every 2-3 days in the d/w and it is still fine.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

TangerineFizz is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Do stainless steel bowls normally crack?!?!

Stainless steel shouldn't split at all under normal circumstances.

Me, Abzilla and the Helomonster.

I've never heard of that. Shelby has 3 stainless steel bowls -- we've had them since we've had her, so over 2 years. That is quite strange.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Labs4life is offline Senior Member

Formed stainless can crack. It depends on a bunch of variables. We make 100's of stainless parts everyday and sometimes they can crack for no apparent reason.
    The Constitution is suppose to guarantee everyone the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, but the Constitution does not guarantee everyone equal outcomes.
    Some people are more talented, educated, thieving and dishonest than others.

Bizarre! ???

Quote Originally Posted by labs4life
    Formed stainless can crack. It depends on a bunch of variables. We make 100's of stainless parts everyday and sometimes they can crack for no apparent reason.
    Thank you! It makes me feel a little better knowing it can and does happen for no reason!