Riley's friend PEED on him!

Thread: Riley's friend PEED on him!

DefaultRiley's friend PEED on him!

We were at the dog park today, and another lab that Riley has played with several other times lifted his leg ON Riley. At first I couldn't believe he was doing it, and after it had happened, I didn't really know what to say. It was really pretty disgusting, but I could tell the dog's owner was mortified, so I tried not to make an issue out of it. Is this a NORMAL thing? I have never seen a dog do this to another dog before. The other dog is always very friendly and plays well with Riley. I've never seen him show any dominant behavior, so I guess I don't understand why he would feel the need to "mark" Riley. Is this honestly something dogs do, or does this dog just have really bad manners? We love the dog park, but I don't really want to keep taking Riley there if he's just going to get peed on.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Riley's friend PEED on him!

BWAHAHAHA!! Oh Fel-i-cia!!! ;D

Sorry, I'm laughing because Henry pee'd on Baloo the first time we met, and I still bug her about it. ;D

To be fair, Henry was trying to pee on the bush and Baloo stuck his head in to sniff said bush at the wrong time.

Seriously though, it is something that dogs do, mostly males, I've seen it happen a few times. I've also seen dogs pee on people sitting in the park benches at the dog park!!

Basically, male dogs lift and pee on lots of different things, so I'd say that the onus is on the owner of the dog to watch for the behaviour and correct it when they see it happening. I think it is a bit of a dog park hazard, however.
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

Well I'm glad to hear it has happened to someone else, and I SUPPOSE that if the worst thing that happens at the dog park is a little dog pee on Riley's leg, I can live with it. It didn't seem to bother him half as much as it bothered me and the other dog's poor owner.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Hey, if you're where you're not supposed to be when the pee is coming out, all bets are off.

LOL!! Yes, it's true. Henery peed on Baloo's head. Henery has also peed on Phoebe's leg (in the way of the stream) and has been peed on by our neighbour's husky (again, Henery stuck his head where it shouldn't have been!)

In Henry's case, I highly doubt it was a matter of marking. Not sure what happened in your Riley's case!!

kaytris is offline Senior Member

when tris was first mastering that leg hiking thing (he fell over a lot), he got Kaylie right between the eyes.. Kaylie lifts her head, pee dripping down her nose, and the look of shock, disgust and woe on her face was PRICELESS. And of course I compounded her shame by laughing at her...

PhoebeJeebies is offline Senior Member

I think Henery's pee must just smell interesting to some of the other dogs. LOL
    I wouldn't worry about it too much, seriously. I have been peed on, in the dog park, by a small dog that was known to do that sort of thing...that imo is annoying and a good reason for that person not to bring his dog to the park!! :P
    Becca & Phoebe

kassabella is offline Senior Member

Ernie used to do it. AND if he got a chance on the owners leg as well.

Don't stop taking your dog. The other owner will sort her dog if she was embarrassed.

When I see Erns position himself I yell at him and he stops.

edited to add. I have heard it is a dominance thing.

Kassa 25/11/01 - 09/02/05 O.S Jaw cancer forever in my heart.
    Ernie 25/11/01 adopted May 05
    Sam 11? adopted Nov 06 - 18/12/07 Lyphoma
    Tessa. Rescued June 2011.
    Bone Cancer Dogs org.http://www.bonecancerdogs.org/
    http://kassabella.tripod.com/kassabella/
    http://collarsbychris.weebly.com/

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by kaytris
    when tris was first mastering that leg hiking thing (he fell over a lot), he got Kaylie right between the eyes.. Kaylie lifts her head, pee dripping down her nose, and the look of shock, disgust and woe on her face was PRICELESS. And of course I compounded her shame by laughing at her...
    HA!! Having met Kaylie I can now appreciate how funny that truly would have been!!!
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

Lipstick and peeing on others! reason #1 and #2 why I will always have female pup's ! ;D